Amaretti cookies - crunchy or soft?

Reaction score
I love Amaretti cookies all year round, and I fancy making some of my own. I'd say I'm more of a fan of the soft version, rather than the crunchy ones. Unfortunately, most of the recipes I've come across lean towards the crunchy ones.

Does anyone have a recipe of their own for these cookies to share? I'd be really grateful. I'd also like to flavour mine with Amaretti liquor, rather than almond extract. Has anyone tried this?

Reaction score
I have never tried making Amaretti cookies. Maybe if you put a slice of bread in the cookie jar, the cookies will soften up some. After all, it works if you want to soften cookies that have gotten dry.

Reaction score
Thanks evelyn. I've stumbled across a recipe for soft amaretti that uses Amaretto liquer. It sounds good, so I'll give it a go and let you know the outcome.

I didn't know that trick with the bread to make cookies softer - top tip! I usually have some that have gone a bit too hard and dry so I'll try it next time. :)

Ask a Question