Apple dumplings

Reaction score
I hear so much craze over apple dumplings but don't know why. I've never had one before. Are there any simple yet delicious recipes out on how to make these? Any tips on how to make them even better?

Reaction score
Oh no, really? They are *amazing* and I haven't seen any recipes that are terribly involved, but probably the absolute easiest is the crock pot method ;)...You have to give them a try! This recipe sneaks a little orange juice in.

• 2 Packages crescent rolls
  • 2-3 apples, peeled and diced (I used whatever apples I had on hand)
  • 2/3 Cups sugar
  • 1/3 Cup brown sugar
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1/2 Cup orange juice (I use Sunny D)
  • cinnamon sugar for topping
  1. Step One
    Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Roll out crescent rolls into individual triangles.

2. Step Two
    Place a heaping amount of apples on the crescent roll and roll up, place in the slow cooker. Repeat until all crescent rolls are used.

3. Step Three
    In a small saucepan combine both sugars, butter and orange juice. Stir until melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour over the crescent rolls. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of dumplings.

4. Step Four
    Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.

Reaction score
I made these with a group af children. I found thers tiny little aples one fall and the were perfect they did not need to be diced just peeled and placed in the dough.

Ask a Question