Avocado Pie?

Reaction score
I had never heard of this before. It's like a simple cheesecake, only with avocado. I thought it was an interesting idea, even though I can't have any. I'm allergic. Still, it got me thinking about what else I could use.

Have any of you tried Avocado Pie?

Reaction score
I love avocados.

I think someone posted an avocado cheesecake or pie on here a few months ago.

Vegans use avocados in place of some ingredients for desserts, it helps make the dessert creamy, congeal, and thicken up.

Reaction score
I love eating avocado and I eat this kind of fruit by adding milk, sugar and crushed ice and it is such a delicious dessert for me eating this way. But this is also the first time I had heard that an avocado can be use for making a pie or like a cheesecake. And now I am curious how it will taste..

Reaction score
I had never seen a recipe for this before, but I do know that sometimes people use avocado in cakes and stuff. As Chester mentioned it's a great vegan alternative too, for that creamy feeling without using dairy. I too am curious to know how the avocado pie would be - we almost always have avocadoes in the house (we love them in salads or as a wrap spread instead of mayonnaise) so if I have some extra I should give it a try perhaps!

Reaction score
It is a coincidence that avocado was the topic in the office last Friday so I bought 3 pieces when I spotted a roadside vendor inside our village. The green avocados looked delicious. Yesterday, Sunday, I had one but quite disappointed because the other 2 were still unripe. After finishing the ripe one, I went out and bought another 3 pieces for today and tomorrow, I hope.

This is the first time I've heard of avocado pie. I wonder how it would taste. We used to buy coconut pie when we go to the nearby province and I guess that would be the same fashion for avocado. It makes me curious.

Ask a Question