Bacon & Cheddar Zucchini Bread

Reaction score
4198042.jpg

I tried this recipe the other day, because I just felt like making some soup and nothing else, so I thought a bread like this would be perfect. I'm kinda bored of my corn jalapeño one, so I decided to give this one a try and let me tell you it was amazing! Here is the recipe: http://www.lovefoodies.com/bacon--cheddar-zucchini-bread.html

Reaction score
Okay, let me just say... Yum! That looks and sounds really good. I do like a good jalapeno cornbread with cheddar as well, but this sounds quite good too, especially to go with homemade soup. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to share this with my daughter. It won't be long before she's looking for ways to use up extra zucchini...

Reaction score
I've honestly cooked thousands of Zucchini loaves. I've never once thought to crossover it in to cheddar or cheese bread. This literally has my mouth watering now; and it's definitely on my "To Make" list.

That being said, thanks for sharing this. Now I took a step back and I can see I've been limiting my ideas of what to make.

Reaction score
I've honestly cooked thousands of Zucchini loaves. I've never once thought to crossover it in to cheddar or cheese bread. This literally has my mouth watering now; and it's definitely on my "To Make" list.

That being said, thanks for sharing this. Now I took a step back and I can see I've been limiting my ideas of what to make.

I never thought of trying such a combination either. My zucchini bread is usually more like a quick bread or banana bread (sweet). Savory could be really good though. This certainly sounds good, and it's one I'm interested in trying. I can think of some other combinations to try as well.

Reaction score
This caught my attention. Like Zyni, I would never have thought of this combination. I am left in so much awe when I see some of these recipes. While I was checking out the link I went on to pin the Zucchini bread recipe as well. I have a friend who considers himself a great baker who has been going on about the Zucchini cake/loaf.

Reaction score
If he's already a fan of zucchini bread, Wintrybella, I bet he will like this one. It sounds darn good. I keep coming back to this page. Doesn't that picture just look appetizing? I really need to make some of this. Maybe when I get back. I don't need the extra calories before my trip, which is coming soon!

Reaction score
Zucchini bread is something that I used to bake regularly but for some reason just haven't had it in the regular baking rotation for a while. This recipe has inspired me to bake it again, given that it also includes cheddar and bacon -- sounds like a match made in heaven. Thanks for sharing the recipe and getting me the motivation to make zucchini bread again. I'm looking forward to giving it a try and I'll have to remember to check back into this thread to let you know how it went!

Reaction score
I've typically found zucchini bread somewhat bland, but with the addition of bacon and cheddar, this is something that has my taste buds excited, and I'm hoping to try making this soon. Your pic looks amazingly delicious!

Reaction score
I have a lot of zuchinni in my refridgerator right now. I love sweet zuchinni bread, but this looks delicious and I am going to be trying it very soon. I can just imagine how good it will taste with some cream of tomato soup, or just as a snack in the afternoon with some soft butter spread on it.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Reaction score
I haven't been gifted any zucchini yet, but I usually end up with more than I can handle during the summer, so I don't really want to go out and buy any. I'm really missing my garden right now. I guess I'll wait a little bit longer. I want to make the regular zucchini bread (or cake) thing too. That is always good stuff. I think it just feels like that time of year, and that I should be baking some up, lol.

Reaction score
What a timely post...we just went to the farmers market and saw a tempting assortment of different flavored corn bread, I've been curious about savory bread recipes ever since. That one sounds and looks fantastic, thanks for sharing it :)

Ask a Question