Baking Made Fun and Easy with Ribbon Cake Mold

Reaction score
Is this thing cool or what? It's called Ribbon and you can mold it to any shape you want to bake a cake. This would be a great gift for those who love to bake, in my opinion.

You could do away with a number of shaped pans and use this instead, thus freeing up some kitchen space, which would work great for me. I like this idea a lot.

What do you think?

Reaction score
I think this is totally brilliant! You can get a heart-shaped cake or a round one without using different pans. I wonder what this ribbon is made of? That would be the first question I'd make.

Reaction score
I think this is totally brilliant! You can get a heart-shaped cake or a round one without using different pans. I wonder what this ribbon is made of? That would be the first question I'd make.

You could do a lot of other shapes as well. It's not real big, but with a couple of these things, you could go crazy and make whatever. I believe it's made of silicon. That would be my guess.

Isn't is cool? Love this!

Reaction score
That looks so cool, but it's being held. :( I thought of maybe there being cake leakage between the ribbon and the pan but it uses magnets. Is that safe? I honestly have no clue. LOL It's too bad they're holding off because it seems like a great idea even if you use your own bowls as a template to wrap around.

Reaction score
You could do a lot of other shapes as well. It's not real big, but with a couple of these things, you could go crazy and make whatever. I believe it's made of silicon. That would be my guess.

Isn't is cool? Love this!

Yeah, it looks like silicon. Really cool indeed! Maybe an star shaped cake ;) Lol, I'm not very creative when it comes to this kind of things. But I guess this one would be useful for making the parts for a butterfly cake and such :)

Reaction score
Letters, numbers, a lightning bolt or other shapes of all kinds.. I could have fun with this thing.

I was thinking that there was one that was actually already on the market, but when I went looking, this was the page I found. I'm not sure about the magnets or whatever either. I never gave that part much thought, but that's a good question. I'll have to do some more digging.

Still looks like fun to play with. :)

Reaction score
I am going to stay completely serious on this one. It is brilliant and great invention especially for those persons who are always baking and looking for new and exciting shapes and styles. It's silicone? I suspect there might my some issues and I just realised after a closer look that it's not out on the market yet. I reckon putting it out here in the public domain, you also run the risk of others stealing your ideas and putting it in the market. Trellum, I'll get you one from China.

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I should have done more research before posting it, but I just thought it was cool. I keep thinking of all the fun stuff I could make with this. I'm sure there will be more than one version or brand of it. That's the way these things seem to work. As soon as one comes out, lots of others are quick to make their own versions. Definitely a creative idea.

Ask a Question