Banana Bread

Reaction score
I made a great loaf of banana bread yesterday and my daughter and grandson are loving it. I put in Splenda rather than sugar and added in sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries. I am diabetic so the sugar had to go, and I just put in that small amount of cranberries so I would not boost the sugar content to much. It came out extremely good and a piece with my coffee this morning was great. Does anyone else have any ideas for low sugar quick bread?

Reaction score
Did it really taste just as good, though? I'm all for the low sugar ideas (though I'd prefer more natural sweeteners) but I just can't really get behind the splenda and all that :/.

Reaction score
I use stevia and just a bit of organic coconut sugar (low on the glycemic index) in my baked goods. I like to make pumpkin bread (''tis the season, right?) and carrot bread (like carrot cake, but less sweet more bready).
I'm sorry I don't have recipes with me, as I am travelling and they are scrawled on a notepad at home.
I'm sure you can find many recipes to alter.
Happy baking!

Reaction score
The bread was yummy. I also use Stevia with good result. My daughter and grandson cannot tell the difference when I use either Splenda or Stevia in my baking. I will have to dig up pumpkin and carrot bread recipes online and see what I can find. I used to make both and had forgotten about them!

Ask a Question