Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time:15 mins
Total time:20 mins
Author: Amanda @ Running with Spoons
Yields: 12 muffins
Ingredients
1 cup (225 g) plain Greek yogurt
2 medium ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
2 large eggs
2 cups (160 g) rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (85 g) chocolate chips, mini or regular

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400F (204C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners**. Set aside.Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full. Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin.Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.

Notes
** If using paper liners, you'll want to spray them with cooking spray as well, since the lack of oil in these muffins could make them stick to the liners after baking.

Hi guys, I thought I would share my favourite greek yogurt muffins with everyone so you could try it as well. The link wouldn't work so I pasted it here but I'll try posting the link again. These are the most perfect healthy banana chocolate chip muffins and I love eating it for breakfast when I'm on the go or for dessert after dinner. The best part is that I don't feel guilty. This recipe isn't perfect and it took me a few tries to make it perfect but I think I'm at a point where I love them now.
I've added 1/4 cup extra milk since they're really dry or you can add more until it's a little more creamy. I also added 1 tablespoon coconut oil to make them less sticky. I noticed the first two times that I made the muffins they were really dense and jot fluffly so I turned to Google and thought I should add less baking powder and baking soda. I changed it to ½ tsp. baking powder and ½ tsp. baking soda which made the muffins a lot less dense.
If you have any suggestions or advice on how to make these even better, I'd love to hear it. I would also love to know or see if you try this recipe out. :)

Reaction score
They sound lovely! Might have to give this a try. I like yoghurt in muffin recipes, it makes them so moist :)

Reaction score
Fresh out of talking about bananas, I see this recipe. The combinations seem fine and I would love to try something with yogurt. I believe these have no choice but to be tasty.

Reaction score
These sound good to me. I made something similar before, minus the banana, but I think I'd like banana in it. I also like to stick a few chocolate chips in the center and then bake. It makes a gooey chocolate middle like in lava cake (just don't use too many or you'll have a mess).

Ask a Question