Baking Help: Consistent Batter Dispensing

Reaction score
I've never used a batter dispenser for baking, just for making pancakes. I'm not sure where mine disappeared to, but I like the idea of this one, because it has measurements on the side, so you can dispense the same amount of batter each time. That can be especially important when you're baking something for the holidays, or for giving as gifts.

Has anyone here ever used a batter dispenser for baking? I saw some designed for cake batter, but I don't think that is necessary, since I don't bake that many cakes these days. This dispenser is 4-cups, which would probably be sufficient for most of my needs.

Reaction score
I used something like it, but for hotcakes ;) I have never used a batter dispenser for baking. I just throw the batter in the pan whenever i am baking something :p Not nice, I know, but I'm not so patient with that kind of things. I do find them useful for when you are baking muffins, that kind of baking needs to be more precise.

Reaction score
I've never actually used one of those - I'm very much of an "eyeball the right amount" kind of person when it comes to batter. I'm sure that it's useful though to be more precise...I have definitely had times where my eyeballing it technique didn't work out so well! Plus, there's something nice and uniform about having everything exactly the same!

Reaction score
Yes, I mainly eyeball it when making a two-layer cake, or things such as quick breads, but I meant more for cookies, especially ones like pizzelle, where uniformity can mean all the difference in appearance, as well as less mess. I make these several times a year, but especially during Christmas, and it would be great if there were less mess and more consistency in size/appearance.

Attachments

• pizzelle maker palmer williams sonoma nice.jpg
    pizzelle maker palmer williams sonoma nice.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 429

Ask a Question