Best cake you ever ate

Reaction score
We all know that there are several situations in life where you can't be the one to make the cake, you'll need to hire a specialized confectionery to do that. My question is whether the best cake you ever ate was one from the cafeteria, ore one made by you, someone else you know. Probably the best one I've ate so far, was at ones of my birthday as was made by my mother, she simply made a wonder vanilla cream.

Reaction score
Best cake I ever had was years ago. It is called an Italian Creme Cake.
It was made in a bakery, but OMG.....it was the BEST cake I had ever had!!!!

Reaction score
I don't think I've eaten the best cake ever... yet, but I think the closest was a really tasty carrot cake I made myself. Sadly the next time I made it... well, it didn't turn out the same way it did that first time :( Man... it was delicious!

Reaction score
Best cake I ever had was years ago. It is called an Italian Creme Cake.
It was made in a bakery, but OMG.....it was the BEST cake I had ever had!!!!

I wonder if this is the same as Italian Wedding Cake? My MIL makes it and it's probably my favorite cake in the world. Coconut, pecans, cream cheese frosting - is that the same kind of thing?

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the same as Italian Wedding Cake? My MIL makes it and it's probably my favorite cake in the world. Coconut, pecans, cream cheese frosting - is that the same kind of thing?

Yeah, it's called different things, and Italian Wedding Cake is another name. But the cream cake version is made with either buttermilk or heavy cream. ***drool***

Reaction score
I've tasted several cakes at home and at corporate parties. The one cake that makes me really drool is the one that an officemate gave me on my birthday, a banapple cake! Oh wow, it was like black forest on the top and on the bottom were slices of banana and sweet apple. That was just great. I'd love to one like that. Well, she bought it from a bakeshop named Banapple Pies and Cheesecakes.

Reaction score
I still remember a mixed cake I ate some months ago, it was a Chocolate/Vanilla cake that my dad bought for my birthday. I decided to save it and eat it all by myself because it was really delicious, of course I shared some slices with my parents, but I definitely had to eat the rest of it :D

Reaction score
This made me think, hmm, I guess I would settle for sans rival. But it is the original version of my husband's grandmother which has cashew nuts instead of peanuts (cakes like this that are made by bake shops have only peanuts for the toppings). Sans rival is made of egg white and butter as the base ingredients. The genuine sans rival melts in the mouth. However, it is extremely sweet so those shying away from sugar dislike sans rival.

Reaction score
We have a great little cafe in my area that sells cakes and muffins and other confectionery. It's an amazing little place that's run by a man and his wife. She makes the best cakes ever. She's quite old, so I know that she's spent her life perfecting her recipes, and all her cakes always seem to have some extra or secret ingredient that other cakes just don't have. The first time I tasted her black-forest cake, it was divide and since then I get all my cakes there.

Ask a Question