Best Cheesecake with Blueberry Topping

Reaction score
I was looking for a recipe to use up a few small cans of blueberries, and I came across this yummy looking confection. I think this would be way too much cheesecake for just me, so I might have to adjust it down to about half size. I would actually make it more often if I had a smaller pan, so I might have to look into whether I can find a small springform pan. It definitely looks delicious, and I haven't had cheesecake in quite a while.

Reaction score
This is one I am going to save. I've never made a cheesecake but it is something I would definitely like to do. I reckon I would also love the blueberries although I have always thought that my first attempt would be with strawberries.

Reaction score
This is one I am going to save. I've never made a cheesecake but it is something I would definitely like to do. I reckon I would also love the blueberries although I have always thought that my first attempt would be with strawberries.

I think it would be great with the blueberries, strawberries, cherries, or raspberries. Those are the ones I'm familiar with, but i'm sure others know of other berries that would work well. I love the creaminess of cheesecake with the sweet tartness of berries. I looked around and found a site that sells tiny springform pans (4") for a low price, but it wasn't a secure site, and I wasn't familiar with it, so i held off. I dug out one of my pans yesterday, and I think it's probably around 9" and would work for this.

Reaction score
I think it would be great with the blueberries, strawberries, cherries, or raspberries. Those are the ones I'm familiar with, but i'm sure others know of other berries that would work well. I love the creaminess of cheesecake with the sweet tartness of berries. I looked around and found a site that sells tiny springform pans (4") for a low price, but it wasn't a secure site, and I wasn't familiar with it, so i held off. I dug out one of my pans yesterday, and I think it's probably around 9" and would work for this.
I love cheesecake but I seem to be only one in the house who does so I know the day I attempt any much of it is going to have to go. It's the kind of cake that I would keep picking at as long as it is around. Pick and pick until I am sick sick.

Reaction score
I was pondering the toppings, and I think it would also be nice topped with lemon curd. I've never made one like that, but maybe i will in the future, now that I've had the thought. I have always loved the combination of creamy cheese and lemon, and it might be easier to find in the winter months. Ha ha, I think I'd have to make it and give the rest away or freeze it, so I wasn't tempted to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Reaction score
I was pondering the toppings, and I think it would also be nice topped with lemon curd. I've never made one like that, but maybe i will in the future, now that I've had the thought. I have always loved the combination of creamy cheese and lemon, and it might be easier to find in the winter months. Ha ha, I think I'd have to make it and give the rest away or freeze it, so I wasn't tempted to eat the whole thing in one sitting.
The freezing is still something I have to wrap my head around. The once or twice I tried freezing anything- rice mostly- I did not like the outcome. I am yet to freeze cake of any kind.

Reaction score
Few things in this life go better together than blueberries and cheesecake, in my opinion. This is always a favorite of mine, and cheesecake alone is in there too, but the blueberries just add that extra kick. I would prefer to have them as tart as possible, though.

Reaction score
I don't usually buy canned blueberries but I almost always have a bag or two of frozen blueberries on hand, since I love them for smoothies. Wonder if I thawed them out if they would work as well as the canned equivalent?

Reaction score
The recipe actually calls for frozen blueberries @cupcakechef, but they're expensive here, and I happen to have canned ones, which is why if I make it, that's what I'll use. I always prefer fresh, but of course they're past season now, but these canned ones are calling my name.

Reaction score
The recipe actually calls for frozen blueberries @cupcakechef, but they're expensive here, and I happen to have canned ones, which is why if I make it, that's what I'll use. I always prefer fresh, but of course they're past season now, but these canned ones are calling my name.

I think canned are more expensive where I live!! Always funny to me how different things are more costly in different places!

Ask a Question