Best desserts for 6-year old's birthday

Reaction score
What would be the best desserts for me to make as treats for the kids at my little girl's birthday party? And when I say best I mean tastiest and easiest to make. I'm new to baking and so far I've only made a few simple recipes, but I have time to practice the desserts until I get them right. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reaction score
When I think back to six years old, and what kinds of desserts I was into...I have nothing for you. Fortunately, though, I happen to work with children around this age so I know a little bit about the kids are into. I would say that you are always safe with ice cream. It is certainly easy to throw it in a bowl or on top of something, so you would be covered there. If you want something for them to participate in, which maybe not be great for a birthday part, then making your own popsicles is an easy and quick one.

Reaction score
If you are going to have cake, that should be the only dessert. Otherwise you are going to have a bunch of super-hyper sugar driven kids running around!!!
LOL
:eek::D

You might do this....this was popular at one point......

Bake some plain shortbread cookies and ice them with white, hard Royal icing.
You can buy some food coloring, edible pens at the hobby stores.
Kids can decorate their own cookies and take them home for later!!!!

Its fun, it keeps the kids busy, and they have something to take home!

If you don't want to bake cookies, you can order some shortbread cookies with plain white Royal icing at your local bakery.

foodwriters3.jpg

Reaction score
I like this idea for the kids to decorate their own cookies. That will make for a fun, interactive activity and a tasty treat. The kids are going to love it. Thank you.

Ask a Question