Big Soft Ginger Cookies

Reaction score
Oh man, I would have looooved these back when I was pregnant - I wanted ALL the ginger things because it was something that alleviated some of my morning sickness!

I love soft cookies too, over crunchy any day - so these sound delightful!

Reaction score
I like the crispy gingersnaps, but my favorite is this kind. I love the soft chewiness of them, and am going to save this for when the weather cools off. I baked something the other day, and probably won't be doing too much more of it until July and August pass, but this is perfect for the Fall and Christmas season.

Reaction score
Well in my opinion there are few things on the Earth that can compete with a soft, warm cookie right out of the oven, and these sounds especially delicious. I think that I do not use enough ginger in my recipes at home, and so this might be a nice way to work it in. I always enjoy having cookies on hand and little treats for desserts. Thanks for sharing, and this will be in my back pocket.

Reaction score
It truly is a super yummy recipe. I usually end up eating half of them in one day and feel a little sick, but as @cupcakechef pointed out, the ginger helps with upset stomach so you can eat more of these before reaching that point than you could, say, peanut butter cookies. ;) Ha ha!

Another thing you can do with this recipe is add a white chocolate frosting. My mom's cousin does this by melting white chocolate chips and simply spreading them over the top. I like the taste, but personally find the plain ones nicer as, again, you can eat more of them before having a sugar overload. :D

Reaction score
Ginger cookies are my absolute favorite. I used to buy them at our local supermarket, but now that I have the recipe for them, I hope I never have to buy a packet again.

Reaction score
We have us a winner right here. I could have a few of these right now as I am quietly thinking of baking something tonight. The only thing is I don't have any molasses and it seems that this is a must to get the desired softness. Am I correct @MarshCat?

Ask a Question