Brownies came out horrible!

Reaction score
I made brownies last night from a box. They came out horrible in my book. Yes they were edible, however they didn't taste the way I expected them to taste. The box said to add water, 1 egg, and oil. I'm wondering if I should of used milk instead of water and less oil then the recipe called for.

Reaction score
Boo for yucky brownies!
I always use Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate mix.
I eliminate the water and 1/2 of the oil and use 1/2 cup greek yogurt instead.
And instead of the 1 egg it calls for, I use 1 egg and 1 yolk.
I add mini chocolate chips, too.
This recipe never fails me. The brownies are dense and fudgy, so if you want a cakey brownie you will be sad again.

Reaction score
According to this blog I saw on Pinterest ,you should use milk instead of the water that the box calls for, you should add a little vanilla extract and you should throw in some chocolate chips or nuts.

Reaction score
I always use Ghiradeli brownie mix. It is a little more expensive, but the other brands can make dry brownies. Quality products are best for baked goods.

Reaction score
Fist of all what brand were you using some brands are horrible now matter what. You can use milk or even cream instead of water add an extra egg and use butter instead of oil . This should help.

Reaction score
Also don't over-mix the batter. If you over-mix it, the end product is usually a lot tougher and not as chewy as if you leave it slightly under-mixed.

Reaction score
I've learned that using butter instead of vegetable oil makes the brownies from a box delicious! Very moist and cake like.

Reaction score
Yes, I definitely think that using milk instead of water is a good start...sometimes I'll sub butter for oil, too, though that's not for everyone. Sorry that they came out badly, what a shame :(.

Reaction score
Hello. I always use butter, and replacing water for milk seems a good idea.. Good luck!! :)

Ask a Question