Butternut Squash Pie

Reaction score
In addition to Pumpkin Pie, I also love squash pie. I've always used canned squash, which I have to beg my family to send me, since it's not sold down here, but this year, I think I might make one from scratch. I found this Butternut Squash Pie recipe, and it sounds pretty easy, and looks delicious.

Attachments

• butternut squash pie pic.jpg
    butternut squash pie pic.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 567
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me he made a squash cake but I think he grated it. I was planning to give it a try but I was planning on boiling my squash and mashing it.

Reaction score
I've never had squash pie, I'm wondering if it is fairly similar in consistency to pumpkin pie? The recipe list all sounds good, and like you said it sounds pretty straight forward too! I might have to make this to take to our Thanksgiving Dinner as a change from the usual pies!

Reaction score
this may be my next great adventure in baking,I can't get a candy roaster anywhere,so I will give these a try,the recipe looks fairly simple,so that means I should be able to make it :)

Reaction score
Yes, it's similar to pumpkin, although slightly more mild of a flavor. I love both. I probably wouldn't eat both at the same time, but I definitely lean toward pumpkin, squash, and sweet potato-type desserts in the Fall :). By the way, I bought a squash yesterday, and they're very expensive this year, at least here where I live in Texas. A friend just bought some in Wisconsin, and they were a lot cheaper than here.

Reaction score
I have canned pumpkin sitting on the counter because I was planning to make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and was going to serve the butternut squash as a vegetable, but I'd changed my mind, and am now going to make the butternut squash pie, instead. It's just been way too long since I've had one, and I cooked it yesterday, so I'm going to strike while the iron is hot. I'll save the pumpkin for Christmas, or might even make one in a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
I made the butternut squash pie for Thanksgiving. It got ruined because the oven decided to get lockjaw, and the pie got overcooked, because I couldn't get the oven door open, grrr. I finally got it out of there, but it was a lost cause by then. But, at least I can finally say I made a squash pie from scratch ;). I made a pumpkin pie the next day, after I fixed the oven door, and that was yummy.

Ask a Question