Cakes or Pies?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I thought I take a poll on how many of us prefer cake or pies more. For me, I am a total pie lover, never really got down with the whole cake thing. I do not dislike it but it not a favorite by any means.

I think most cakes are too sweet with the frostings, they hurt my teeth so I tend to stay away from cake icing. Plus my grandmother(s) were always baking pies so I grew up on a plethora of different ones, :)

What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
I like them both, but I've eaten more pies than cakes :p I personally love cheese pies, as well as pecan ones. Those two are my favorite ones, I love to make both the baked and non baked versions of cheese pie ;) I know a recipe that requires absolutely no baking at all! Not even for the homemade crust ;) I find pies way easier to make than cakes... cakes require so many more ingredients and work!!!

Reaction score
Cakes I think. I have never really thought about pie as being sweet... pie to me have always been savoury and main meals not desserts.
But then our cakes never had loads of frostings on them unless it was a party or Christmas. Cakes have always been quick and easy here. This sort of thing.

recipe-image-legacy-id--1001468_10.jpg

Reaction score
I do enjoy both and sometimes I'll have a huge craving for one over the other, but I'd say the majority of the time I prefer pies. I like the variety of flavors/options better, I like that they're a bit lighter a lot of the time. And I've definitely eaten more pies, lol.

Reaction score
Well it looks so far that the Pies have it lol. :D I cheated again tonight bought a cheesecake from the store instead of using Grandma's cookbook for her cheesecake recipe. lol

So does cheesecake count as a Pie or a Cake? o_O

Reaction score
I must say i love them both..however if i have to choose it's cake all the way. There is nothing to me like a thick chunk of black forest cherry cake or red velvet cake. My world would be a dull place without cakes i my life.

Reaction score
I used to really enjoy cakes when I was a child but the older I have gotten the less my teeth like really sweet sugary icing. If I am at a party and it is there I might have a slice & that is enough to remind me what it does to my mouth.

Ask a Question