Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Reaction score
Hi girls! I was wondering if any of you had ever tried making a pizza crust with cauliflower? I'm very curious! I'm trying to go low carb, so this idea sounds wonderful! I hope some of you have already tried this out and can tell me how it went? Did it taste goo enough? I hope you can tell me! I'm worried mostly about the texture... Anyways, here is the recipe: http://ifoodreal.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/

Reaction score
I haven't tried cauliflower, but I was just reading about one using sweet potatoes instead.
I often add potato to our mixture, so I can't see a problem with cauliflower at all.
Now broccoli would also be quite interesting and add a twist of a green base to the pizza... :p

Reaction score
@Trellum This must be truly a healthy kind of pie crust recipe using cauliflower. Thanks for sharing the link. And hope I can try this one for a change.

Reaction score
Thank you, I have been thinking about trying this out in the future... because I'm supposed to go low carb, and I thought this sounds like a very healthy way to make pizza! When I try this out I'll let you know what it really tastes like! I'm sure the texture isn't bad at all, but we will see.

Reaction score
I haven't tried cauliflower, but I was just reading about one using sweet potatoes instead.
I often add potato to our mixture, so I can't see a problem with cauliflower at all.
Now broccoli would also be quite interesting and add a twist of a green base to the pizza... :p

Nice! I bet the result is very rich? I personally love adding broccoli as a topping ;) I might try adding a bit to the pizza base next time tho ;) Specially if I try this cauliflower pizza crust recipe, I love trying out new things.

Reaction score
I'm not a girl, but I would like to try alternative pizza crusts myself. I'm always looking to try something new that would taste awesome with tomato/pizza sauce and cheese. I don't care how you slap it on. This looks like it could be a smash hit since people don't normally eat it around here (it either will sink or swim) but I have a feeling it will be awesome to try out!

Reaction score
Nice! I bet the result is very rich? I personally love adding broccoli as a topping ;) I might try adding a bit to the pizza base next time tho ;) Specially if I try this cauliflower pizza crust recipe, I love trying out new things.
I think it was this blog that I saw it in first

http://uprootfromoregon.com/2014/03/31/how-to-broccoli-pizza-crust/

I haven't tried it yet myself because of my back issues flaring up and leaving me bedbound but if cauliflower crust will work, broccoli crust will also work because they are almost identical in texture and 'format' and will interchange without an issue in most recipes. It is just one is green, which does not work for some people and for others like myself, it is the preferred option!

Reaction score
Ooooh, thanks for sharing this, Trellum. This is wonderful. My pickiest eater loves pizza, so if I could sneak in some veggies, that would be terrific.

@connie, sorry to hear about your back. I can relate. I feel for anyone who suffers from back pain. I hope you get back on your feet soon. Also, thanks for sharing the bit about broccoli. That could be another twist for me to try out. I would like these myself as well as trying to get more vegetables into my family's diet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are welcome, but I think those who decide to try this do so because it's a very low carb option, plus is also gluten free. I suspect I can't handle gluten so well, so it's worth the try! But yeah, it's an awesome way to sneak in veggies ;)

Ask a Question