CHEESE BISCUITS!!!

Reaction score
Kids love cheese snacks. They often come in the form of a bag of chips. This time I want to share a simple recipe that you and your kids will enjoy.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 egg slightly beaten

1. Sift flour and baking powder, Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. add cheese and milk to form soft dough. Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead for 30 seconds. Roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick and with a biscuit cutter cut out rounds. Put half of the rounds on a baking sheet and top each with grated cheese. Brush the biscuits with lightly beaten egg. Bake in a hot oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until they are golden

voila!! yummy afternoon treat!!! =)

Reaction score
That recipe looks pretty good and easy. I also appreciate that it only has 5 ingredients. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I'll definitely give it a try, especially since I already have most of the ingredients.

Reaction score
Agreed with ACSAPA...nice when there are just a few, staple ingredients that you probably have on hand. And not just kids that love them, lol. Makes me think of that copycat recipe for red lobster biscuits that I need to try one of these days =).

Reaction score
This recipe sounds great, I like its simplicity :) I love cheese snacks, those are great when you are having some people home :) There is nothing better than homemade snacks. I might actually give this recipe a try, it sounds so easy and calls for few ingredients... that sounds just perfect.

Reaction score
I think I might try this one the next time I make corn chowder. I usually use the Pillsbury Grands biscuits to go with the chowder, and everyone loves that, but I bet this will be a bigger hit. For me, cheese is like potatoes - I love it any way you serve it to me, and my kids are the same way!

Ask a Question