Chips/Crisps alternative for dipping

Reaction score
In Britain we call them crisps but I think in the US you guys call them chips (the potato, bagged kind).

You just need on thing:
  • Peperoni slices
Spread the cuts out on a plate so very little of each piece is being overlapped.

Microwave them on 900w for 3 minutes (or until they start to go stiff and crunchy).

I usually spread some strong cheddar on them with cayenne powder and microwave for another 20 seconds but if you let them cool down they can be used to scoop up humous, soft cheese, dip....

Reaction score
I ate something similar in the last days, only difference it was that my Peperoni was baked in the oven, like it should be, not on microwave. Microwaves takes all its taste away, also, after it cools down, it becomes very rigid and bad tasting if it was heated in the microwaves. I guess the alternative for your recipe in the oven would be something like 15 minutes at 200+ degrees.

Reaction score
I found it had plenty of taste as it's meat through and through :) Takes on a more hammy almost bacon taste - loses that fatty taste you get with salami :)

I did try cooking some in a frying pan, that was a bit of a disaster as they became crunchy pieces of oil :p

No reason why grilling them wouldn't work, I just microwave them to save time as I don't like waiting too long for a snack :p

Reaction score
There's something similar to that, that I love, love, LOVE!!!!!

It's called....

BACON!!!!!

giphy.gif

Reaction score
I think that this sounds like a fun idea and I think it would really work as an appetizer for an Italian styled dinner party! But let's be honest, pepperoni is great basically all of the time. The only thing I would be worried about is the calorie content of using pepperoni slices as chips!

Ask a Question