Gluten-free Chocolate Avocado Banana Pie Recipe

Reaction score
I have never tried a vegan pie, but after checking this recipe I knew I needed to give this one a try :) I'm open minded when it comes to avocados and chocolate ;)

0ccba13354d2efa33227b2054beeaea7.jpg

http://petiteallergytreats.com/gluten-free-chocolate-avocado-banana/

Reaction score
Using bananas and avacados is a substitute for dairy products.

I read the recipe, and it calls for milk, which does not make this a Vegan dish unless you are using vegan milk substitutes (almond, soy, cashew, etc....).

You really won't even taste the avocado in this, it is really used for a thickener, and the banana is used for sweetness and thickener...but when you use the two together, they form a substitute for things like cream cheese, milk, or cream.

This does taste good, but it's a completely different chocolate taste because of the banana and avocado. It is something you would have to get used to, because it does not taste like the chocolate you have tasted in everything else.

Reaction score
I actually jumped into this thread because I have a friend who is a vegan with a birthday coming up - this looks really good. I've heard of people using avocado to make things creamier and I'm curious about giving it a try myself. The picture of the pie looks so luscious and yummy!

Reaction score
If you like really thick cookie crust in pies, then the one with the recipe is fine.

I prefer a Graham Cracker crust myself.
Or, you can make a Graham Cracker style crust using vegan cookies instead of Graham Crackers.

Ask a Question