Cinnamon Raisin Rolls

Reaction score
this is the first time I've tried to make them and as usual I'm not sure how they are going to come out :)
I'm using this recipe

http://www.sunmaid.com/recipes/recipe/old_fashioned_cinnamon_raisin_rolls.html

I'm cutting it in half and I'm using a conversion table for that,I will post a link for it

http://chefben.tripod.com/recipe_calculator.html

I have made the dough and it is resting in the Fridge or is it rising in the Fridge ? :)
002.JPG

here is a picture right before it went in the Fridge ,does that look anywhere near right ? lol

Reaction score
wow a total disaster,the dough was so sticky,I had to try and scrape it off the cutting board and it was totally useless,it was so sticky I couldn't use a rolling pin on it and I ended up scraping it off into the trash can

so I'm going to try it again,I don't know if it was that calculator thing or not,so I'm going to make 24 of them instead and see if that was it,well if all else fails,I will still have some raisins to eat :)

I'm going to make sure it is stiff enough to handle before I put it in the Fridge this time

Reaction score
I had to add a lot of flour to the recipe this time,to get the dough,were it wasn't to sticky,I probably had to add close to 3/4 of a cup of flour extra,of course I've probably went way overboard with it ;)

i wonder if they will bake right in an Iron skillet ? I only have 1 round pan,but plenty of Iron skillets,will i need to bake them longer ?

also i may go with parchment paper instead of using grease on the skillets,but I'm not sure about that yet

Reaction score
I've finally have the 2nd batch rising in some skillets and wow did i make way to many of them :),I ditched the mixer and mixed it with a fork and hand,the dough was a little dry on the top,when I took it out of the Fridge,hopefully it will be ok,here are some more pictures and I have wrecked my kitchen in the process ,some of ya'll are going to have to come over and help me eat these,i had to use all my Iron skillets to make these lol
007.JPG
009.JPG
017.JPG
011.JPG
014.JPG
018.JPG

Reaction score
there cooling off right now,these are with out the topping and one with,as you can tell I almost burnt them,i did cut them about 1 inch thick,I should have went 1.5 inches thick and might have saved the little skillet from having to be washed,but with the mess I have in the Kitchen,one more isn't going to matter at all :)

will i have to refrigerate these ?

020.JPG
022.JPG

Reaction score
I do wished I would have had some Pecans to roll in them and was that to much butter on my skillets ? I will let you know shortly if they stuck or not,somewhere I have a recipe for them that uses a cream cheese topping,I will try that one next ,if I can find it,i will post it

I need help,that is way to many just for me to eat lol can I freeze some of them ? I probably should have left the glaze off for that

Reaction score
wow they came out great,I would like a different glaze,but this one is pretty darn good and super easy to make,now i have so many of them,I'm not sure where to store them :)

Reaction score
Sorry that I hadn't replied sooner! I did think the mix looked a little more liquidy than when I've made cinnamon rolls before, but it seems like they turned out for you in the end! I've also frozen mine before - I do that in large zip lock bags and then just try and squeeze out as much air as I can. They've always tasted delicious still when I have thawed them out!

Reaction score
Wow they look awesome! I'm glad it worked ok the second time :) I often find with bread recipes that the liquid part varies - depending on the type of flour you use you may need totally different amounts. I tend to add it until the dough feels like the right consistency, and they leave out the rest.

will i have to refrigerate these ?

I would have thought they would freeze well if you want to keep them longer :)

Reaction score
well they didn't stick to my skillets to bad,but the skillets were a pain to clean,the next time either some foil or parchment paper is going to go down

i should have frozen the dough after they were rolled and sliced, and saved them that way ,i did see where they could be frozen,i'm not sure how the raisins would have worked frozen

Reaction score
they was way to much liquids in them the first time cupcakechef,I did better when I used my hands rather than the stand mixer

it may be the flour I'm using becky,but I'm not sure,as I've told you before I've had a lot of problems with the right mixture in other baking projects,I'm trying to be more careful with it

Ask a Question