Cinnamon roll waffles!

Reaction score
cinnamon-roll-in-waffle-iron.jpg

I recently discovered this neat "twist" on two classic breakfast items, waffles and cinnamon rolls. It's really simple, and while its not necessarily something that the younger kids could help with, they'll be more than happy to help eat them!

When I make cinnamon rolls, I use a store-bought thing that has the rolls in a can, and all you have to do is put them on a baking sheet and into the oven. It usually comes with a packet of icing, too.

So, to make this new recipe, you take the unbanked cinnamon rolls, and put them in a waffle maker. Depending on what type of waffle iron you have, the baking time varies. You may have to bake them longer than you would for regular waffles. But once they're done, serve them up on a plate and use the icing in place of syrup!

It's always a big hit for my family. It's simple enough and its a special treat when you want to change things up a bit :)

If you want more details, here's a link to a recipe from Pillsbury. http://www.pillsbury.com/everyday-eats/breakfast-brunch/cinnamon-roll-waffles-how-to

Reaction score
This is a new trend that has been all over, baking things with the waffle iron. I just bought a can of those canned cinnamon rolls. Sometimes you don't have time to heat up the oven the morning and this would be a great way make a fast cinnamon roll. I also love the idea of getting more use out of my waffle iron, it is just sitting there on the shelf looking lonely.

Reaction score
I have never heard of such a thing, but I think that it is an awesome idea ! I love cinnamon rolls, but it never occurred to me that they could cook in my waffle maker. I am now going to look and se what other delicious foods can be cooked that way. I do enjoy waffles, but don't make them very often, but if there were other things that would cook in the waffle iron, then i would probably use it more often.
Mine can turn over to make grilled cheese sandwiches, and i have done that before, but usually don't even think of it when I want a fast sandwich, so I just toast the bread and make do with that.

Reaction score
My sister told me that she's done this before and it turned out awesome. I'm so jealous! I don't have a waffle maker currently. I love when cinnamon rolls get a little crispy on the edges, so these would be perfect for me.

Reaction score
This is a popular "recipe" on Pinterest but I never tried it because I thought it would turn out badly. Recipes on Pinterest don't always turn out as advertised. Since you guys tried it and it worked, I'll give it a try too.

Reaction score
Waffle maker? Sounds interesting. I never heard about it though, but I love cinnamon rolls and will surely give it a try sometime soon. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question