Cookie swaps

Reaction score
Have any of you ever had a cookie swap party in which you invite a dozen people over and then have everyone bake a dozen batches of cookies to bring and swap at the party? This seems like a great way to get a variety of different cookies, but would be a lot of work making all of the cookies.

Reaction score
We used to have a cookie swap at Christmas at my church. We would each bring a dozen cookies along with the recipe for our cookie. You would get one of each cookie and the recipe for each one. It was such fun and a good opportunity to get together to socialize and get some new cookle recipes to try for the holidays. Some of my families favorite holiday cookies came from these cookie swaps.

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of fun - I've heard of them before, but have never known anyone personally who has hosted one - and I haven't organized one either, but perhaps I should. It would be a cute way to get some of my girlfriends together. Maybe when the weather cools down a little it could be a girls night plan for me and my friends.

Reaction score
I have never heard of this, but thanks for the idea!! It sounds like a very casual and nice way to get to know new people :) Specially when you have just moved into a new neighborhood. I might actually try that soon, I'm going to be moving to a new place and want to meet all my neighbors... I want to do it in a casual sort of way. Cookie swapping sounds like a good idea :) People over there love eating cookies with their coffee, heheeh!

Reaction score
That sounds like so much fun! I should organize something like that in the fall when everyone is more into baking than they would be in the summer. I think that would make such a lovely girls party.

Reaction score
Sounds like a lovely idea but unfortunately most people I know can cook fairly ok but don't bake at al. I am a black sheep amongst my friends..... lucky them lol

Reaction score
Sounds like a lovely idea but unfortunately most people I know can cook fairly ok but don't bake at al. I am a black sheep amongst my friends..... lucky them lol

Reaction score
I've done this informally, with friends and family, but it's been a few years. It is a great way to try out the cookies and see if you're interested in making the recipes, as well as sharing your tried and true favorites. Doing this in the Fall is nice, that way people will have new recipes to make for the holidays, if they like them.

Reaction score
In our neighborhood during Christmas and New year we had this exchanging of our own festive foods with our neighbors and we are doing this for years already. And the swapping of baked good products including cookies is already included in this activity and it is really fun and entertaining because we had so many foods to eat together and the chance to bond to each other as neighbors. This is really a good idea as an activity for a neighborhood party.

Reaction score
I do not know enough women who can bake or I would organize one myself. I would really like to join a church soon so that I could take part in events like these. My job has some crazy hours, so it is hard for me to find a church that fits into my schedule.

Ask a Question