Cookies for your pet?

Reaction score
We used to always buy pre-made treats for our furry friends, but times got hard, so we stopped buying them. One day I chose to do a experiment on the holidays about baking dog treats. I've never done it so I looked up recipes, and found one that had honey and bananas. Since I had the ingredients on hand and some bananas needed to be used, I gave it a whirl and made honey banana dog cookies. Was a big hit with the pooches, and now I make them every holiday season. Does anyone make cookies or treat for your pets?

Reaction score
I haven't made dog treats for my pets yet, but I have thought about it. I think it's something that I would like to try sometime!

Reaction score
I wanted to bake something for my dog, Cooper. His birthday was last Saturday and I didn't have the time to order a doggy cake for him since the one selling here in my place was a celebrity. Anyway, I found a really famous recipe online for doggy cakes but I'm still figuring out if it's safe or not.

Reaction score
I have never made any special treat like cookies for my dog. I think that they would undoubtedly eat them; but they always want some of whatever I am eating, in any case; so I just share whatever I made with my Chipper.
With all the dangerous treats made in China that have killed or badly sickened a lot of dogs; I think that learning to make treats, and even dog food, is probably a smart idea. One of these days, I will have to try it and see how well it works out.

Reaction score
Yes!

Just be careful with your ingredient choices since not all human ingredients will necessarily be good for your pup. And dogs don't have the same tastebuds either, so while we may crave sugar, they don't!

I usually make peanut butter-focused cookies/treats for him because he loves peanut butter and it's a nice moist ingredient to include.

Reaction score
The internet is full of cookie recipes for pets. I am just not in to baking for my dog. To me that is a litte much. I am not knocking anyone else who does, I know some people really love their pets. I have acess to a shop that sells homemade doggy treats that my dog loves so I would rather get them there than to bake them at home.

Reaction score
The internet is full of cookie recipes for pets. I am just not in to baking for my dog. To me that is a litte much. I am not knocking anyone else who does, I know some people really love their pets. I have acess to a shop that sells homemade doggy treats that my dog loves so I would rather get them there than to bake them at home.

My main reasoning is cost. I know some people do it for health reasons because they like knowing exactly what their pets are eating....but for me, mine really is down to cost.

A bag of dog treats might cost 4 bucks and 2 or 3 bags a month isn't going to break the bank. That same $10-15 might make us 3-6 months worth of homemade treats, though, so it's worth the time to me!

Reaction score
I've never made pet treats before. I should look up some recipes to make for my moms cats. They'd love a new treat I'm sure.

Ask a Question