Cookies in a box

Reaction score
I saw a recipe that used cake mix as well as some other ingredients to make cookies. This looked really interesting. Has anyone ever tried a recipe like this, if so how did it turn out?

Reaction score
Never made anything like this but it sounds very interesting. I may look into a recipe site to see what comes up. My kids love to bake so this could be a go for them.

Reaction score
I have used the cookie box recipes and they were ok. I prefer to make them from scratch or either get the freezer section cut and bake.
Those tend to taste like homemade.

Reaction score
Well, I don't prefer experimenting with my recipes as it mostly turns out to be a disaster, but still you can always give it a try. If you have the right recipe in hand, try different options and see what it comes out as. All the best!

Reaction score
You get very cake-y cookies this way! I prefer the frozen dough, or the actual cookie mixes. (They do exist, just not as popular as cake mixes I guess.) Better yet, bake your own...

Reaction score
Yes, I have!!

Like Soliloquy mentioned, they're definitely cakier style cookies, but they were quite yummy the last time I made them. I recommend using add-ins like nuts if you're going to use the box mix to really step it up another notch.

Reaction score
I like to make everything from scratch, so I have not made these. To me, boxed mixes don't taste nearly as good as making the whole thing from scratch.

Reaction score
Sounds interesting! I agree, I like the make from scratch too, but I think I'll give this a try, they sound very yummy!

Ask a Question