Cooking in other kitchens?

Reaction score
Do you ever find yourself cooking in other kitchens- friends or relatives or some other scenario outside of your own home? Does it make you a little uncomfortable? I much prefer my own kitchen, where I have a good flow and my own sense of organized chaos and I don't have to feel guilty about making a huge mess. What about you guys?

Reaction score
I get completely confused cooking in another person's kitchen and prefer not to do it. I will help set things up or do some chopping, but my cooking is done only in my kitchen. I have to be organized when I cook.

Reaction score
There is no kitchen like your own. It's your playground; your turf. You set the rules and you are in charge. Once or twice I have gone to my sister's house to "help" her cook for guest.

To see me you would think I was moving out when I started to pack all the things I felt I would need. From ingredients to cooking utensils, pots and pans included. I believe it would have been better to prepare the things from my own kitchen. I told her recently about this forum and invited her to come bake with me. Since she is more experienced in the baking department, maybe I might join her in her kitchen...MAYBE.

Reaction score
I don't like cooking in other peoples kitchens, but it depends who it is. My best friend is fine with me rooting through everything, while others i respect how they pile their dishes and which way they store cups and glasses. It does make mew more nervous in case I drop or break anything. I was staying with a friend and baked some cakes, but hadn't greased it enough and I couldn't scrub all the residue off. I was so stressed, but I doubt she has noticed still!

Reaction score
I hate cooking in other people's kitchens. I just lost my dream apartment because of a rent increase so I'm staying with relatives until I find another place and I'm very uncomfortable cooking in a different space. I can't find anything and they seem disorganized to me.

Reaction score
The thought of baking in other people's kitchen never appeal to me at all i feel like a fish out of water. In my kitchen i know exactly where every utensils or ingredient is stored...when i'm kitchen away from home especially when i'm at my sisters home i have to turn the place upside down to find what i'm looking for or i have to be yelling every other minute for her assistance.

Reaction score
I don't like cooking in a strange kitchen. I know where everything is in my kitchen. I really feel off when I'm using someone else's kitchen. I am also paranoid about breaking something even though I have never broken anything. Not even in my own kitchen.

Reaction score
Well at least I'm not alone in my aversion to strange kitchens...even with close friends I really worry about breaking something or messing something up. I'd much rather be in my own chaotic little kitchen.

Reaction score
I don't like cooking in a strange kitchen. I know where everything is in my kitchen. I really feel off when I'm using someone else's kitchen. I am also paranoid about breaking something even though I have never broken anything. Not even in my own kitchen.
I've broken a few things in my own kitchen, that's another reason that I'm not comfortable cooking in someone else's kitchen.

Ask a Question