Crunchy banana biscuits

Reaction score
This recipe can go one of two ways depending on the temperature of your oven.

Too low and you're going to make little banana loafs, hot enough and you'll have crunchy banana biscuits.

Ingredients:
  • 3 bananas (A bit of green but mainly yellow is ideal
  • Whey protein (chocolate works well)
  • flax powder
Mash up the 3 bananas and 60g of whey together until you get a gloopy batter.
The bananas have enough moisture in them to make it gloopy, no need to add anymore liquid.
In fact, this is why you need the flax, to soak up some of the liquid.
Add 2 tbls of flax powder and work it in with a spoon.
The gloopy mixture should be a little more firm now.

Divide and make any shapes you want from the mixture onto grease proof paper.

Pop into the oven at 220 degrees - they need to cook quick and hot else they'll just grow into loafs.

Keep an eye on them and judge by how brown they get. Taking them out earlier will give you gooey biscuits where as longer will give you a crunch.

If you want extra sweetness and a bit of stickyness, adding honey to the batter works well :)

Reaction score
I'm loving your healthy recipes - I think it's good to remember that we can still indulge in a sweet treat but not have to worry about it being "bad" for us - these are so natural and best of all easy to make, just three ingredients! I haven't seen flax powder before, although I haven't really looked for it...I'm guessing my local health food store will probably sell it!

Reaction score
I love bananas that is why I always crave to eat a banana bread. I like the recipe that you had posted. It had only 3 ingredients but I am not familiar with the flax powder and will have to check on this one first. Like what you had said this recipe is for two purpose depending on the temperature of the oven you can make a loaf bread and biscuits. And that's great and thank you for sharing this recipe. :)

Reaction score
This sounds like a really nice recipe, I'm guessing we can call it vegan and gluten-free? Maybe kind of paleo? I love this kind of recipes, please keep sharing them :) I'm moving abroad soon and plan on starting all over, so yes, I will change my eating habits and hopefully lose the weight I've gained in the last year.

Ask a Question