Decorated Cake Fails

Reaction score
The following link shows my greatest fears whenever I have been attempting to make cute cakes for the people I love:

**WARNING: There is some "off color" commentary and stuff (Not Rated R but not really Rated G)**

Birthday Cake Fails

Such good intentions. Such bad cakes. :p

Reaction score
Well I would say that as long as the good intentions are there, that is all that really matters. I am sure we all have been there too, at one point in our lives, when no matter what we do it seems like we are destined for failure on certain recipes. Those are pretty funny though, especially the Yoda and the Little Mermaid one, and I hope that the people effected at least got a good laugh out of them.

Reaction score

Oops, sorry. I didn't see the other thread. Those are pretty epic!

Well I would say that as long as the good intentions are there, that is all that really matters. I am sure we all have been there too, at one point in our lives, when no matter what we do it seems like we are destined for failure on certain recipes. Those are pretty funny though, especially the Yoda and the Little Mermaid one, and I hope that the people effected at least got a good laugh out of them.

I agree. I'm just always afraid that my cakes will look like those instead of the picture that I have in my mind. :p

I'm sure the recipients enjoyed them anyway. My kids always said the cakes I made them were great (with some though, I think they were just being nice). ;)

Reaction score
LOL oh boy! I saw the Star Wars one and was like "wait...what's wrong with it? It looks good to me!" and then I realized...hahaha!

Reaction score
Hey, that happens to even the best of us. A lot of times when I try a new recipe and it flops, I just hide the evidence and try again. I think the kids would have enjoyed it anyway, but I have this little perfectionist streak in me and I always feel like I couldn't let them eat something I made unless it turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hey, that happens to even the best of us. A lot of times when I try a new recipe and it flops, I just hide the evidence and try again. I think the kids would have enjoyed it anyway, but I have this little perfectionist streak in me and I always feel like I couldn't let them eat something I made unless it turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

I feel like that a lot of the time too with things I bake. If I see an imperfection, even if it's minor, it's like I'm too embarrassed to serve it up! :(

Reaction score
The following link shows my greatest fears whenever I have been attempting to make cute cakes for the people I love:

**WARNING: There is some "off color" commentary and stuff (Not Rated R but not really Rated G)**

Birthday Cake Fails

Such good intentions. Such bad cakes. :p
I can see my name written all over those cakes the reason I don't even consider decorating.

Reaction score
I can see my name written all over those cakes the reason I don't even consider decorating.

No, that was probably my name that you saw. ;)

I have had a few ooops! cakes, but if they still tasted good, my kids wouldn't have minded. I've had to do some repair work on a cake or two as well, when I didn't have time to start over. Turn the okay side outward and slice the messy side first, ha ha.

Reaction score
Ewww, I'd have to practice a lot before making someone special a cake like that. I have made some nice ones in the past, but it's been years, and these days, I stick to the basics. I'd rather just make a simple cake and have it come out beautiful, than attempt something like most of those. I prefer the old fashioned ones anyway, to the ones fashioned after cartoon characters.

Reaction score
I tend to agree, @Diane Lane, for the most part I just find cake decorating to be fun. I'm not great at it, but I've tried on several occasions, mostly when the kids were little. I may try my hand at a few more for the grandkids, but I'm more into making the best cake rather than the cutest lately. I like baking from scratch.

Ask a Question