Decorative Baking Tubes

Reaction score
I stumbled across these the other day. I think I'd like to try baking in one someday, although I don't have one currently. There are a few shapes that I like, such as the scalloped tube, and the heart-shaped tube, so those are the ones I'd possibly purchase. http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/214197/2851372.aspx

Have y'all ever baked bread in decorative baking tubes? If so, what is your experience? Did it seem like a lot of work, or was the end result worth it?

Attachments

• star bread tube.jpg
    star bread tube.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 552
Reaction score
I have never heard of rhese, but what a great idea. I could see myself using them during the holidays when I am baking treats to give away as gifts. You can bake them and then cut the loaves into slices and decorate the slices with frosting. I may have to buy myself a couple.

Reaction score
This is a new one on me! I've never heard of or seen these before.

I would definitely use one.

However, people in my family have used coffee cans to bake bread in before!

russian-easter-bread-babka-0041.jpg

Reaction score
This is a new one on me! I've never heard of or seen these before.

I would definitely use one.

However, people in my family have used coffee cans to bake bread in before!

russian-easter-bread-babka-0041.jpg

Love the idea of using the coffee cans for bread! I'm a big fan of recycling and being eco friendly, and this is a great example of that! Plus I like the ridges that it makes on the bread - looks like it would make it easier to cut!

Reaction score
I also love the idea of using coffee cans for bread. My mom and dad used to do that when I was small. I am planning to buy one or two of these for the holidays, but once I have them, I'm sure I'll use them more often than just for special occasions. I hadn't thought of adding frosting, but that would be a nice way to top off some sweet/quick bread. I'm also interested in using them for some savory breads for use as appetizers, as well as serving with soup and salads.

Reaction score
Well, I did it. I treated myself and bought 2 of the shaped bread tubes. I first bought one, but there was a problem with it, so that sale was cancelled. I looked around for that same one, but for a few dollars more, I found a set of two, so I ended up buying them. I should have them by next week, but of course who knows how long it will take me to use them. I'll let y'all know when I do. I went with the flower and heart shapes, those were my two favorites :).
pampered chef heart and flower tube pans.jpg

Reaction score
I have three decorative baking tubes that have been sitting in my kitchen cabinet for several years, but I've never gotten around to using them. I should try baking some bread in them though and see if I like them. They look like something that would be nice to make sandwiches for children with.

Reaction score
Yes, they could definitely be used for children. I'm sure the shapes could help to draw in or entice especially picky eaters. I would probably use them for appetizers. I've already looked around to ensure that I can find recipes, and many of the ones I've found have been savory recipes. Here's a recipe directly from the Pampered Chef site, and it calls for a pre-made mix, but there are also others on the internet for homemade bread: https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/American/Canapé+French+Bread/9645 I like the look of this one, and might try it out the first time, so I have a successful experience, but eventually, I'd probably prefer to mix it up and make my own, and perhaps try using a quick bread recipe, since I make those frequently.

Ask a Question