Disposable vs Reusable Piping Bags: Which is Better?

Reaction score
I always always go for the disposable ones. I don't use a coupler either. Cleaning greasy buttercream residue out of my piping tips is torture enough without adding anything else to the mix ;)

I'll admit though I've never tried the reusable ones. For anyone who has them, are they easy to clean? I hate dealing with the mess left over when I'm done decorating so anything that allows me to take a few short cuts with the clean up is good :) Are there any appreciable upsides to the reusable ones, besides less waste? I do go through a lot of them, so I'm considering finally just getting some nice ones to keep.

What do you think?

Reaction score
So far I have only used the disposable ones :( I guess a whole load of people over here think the same way as you and prefer the disposable ones, because I have yet to see one of those reusable ones.

Reaction score
I am the opposite. I've tried the disposable ones, and found that they split and bulge and can't hold the pressure when squeezing the bag.

I used the canvas bags when I worked in bakeries, and I bought a bunch for home use too.

If you use hot soapy water, they aren't they hard to clean. Just turn them inside out and wash them really well.

Reaction score
I always use disposable ones, as it saves having to clean out a piping bag. Also I don't use them very often at all, so a roll of piping bags lasts me years. Not very environmentally friendly though, I accept :(

Ask a Question