Do you prefer Instant Coffee or Filter Coffee?

Instant Coffee or Filter Coffee?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Instant coffee being granules that you simply pour boiled water onto and filter coffee being any coffee that has to go through a percolator or a coffee plunger.

Reaction score
I think instant coffee is gross and doesn't have the strong flavor that brewed coffee does. Instant coffee tasted fake and processed to me. I only use it in recipes that call for coffee granules.

Reaction score
I definately prefer brewed coffee but I don't mind drinking instant coffee, it also depends on the brand, some cheap instant coffee's are quite bad although there is some of the more expensive brands which tastle just like filter coffee. I love that smeel coming from a coffee machine when it's getting percolated.

Reaction score
I drink coffee every now and then but I really love the smell of it. The times I do drink it, its just instant coffee. I don't drink it often enough to have a coffeemaker.

Reaction score
There's really no comparing the two. Instant coffee is to real coffee what Justing Bieber is to Frank Sinatra. That's not to say instant doesn't have it's place... We've all had those busy mornings scrambling to get to work on time. Convenience aside, regular filtered coffee is better in all facets.

Reaction score
There's really no comparing the two. Instant coffee is to real coffee what Justing Bieber is to Frank Sinatra. That's not to say instant doesn't have it's place... We've all had those busy mornings scrambling to get to work on time. Convenience aside, regular filtered coffee is better in all facets.
Lol, I like your comparison! That's a good one. Convenience is well... Convenience although the extra time and effort to make filter coffee is definately worth the wait but not worth a duck in pay for being late:p

Reaction score
Lol, I like your comparison! That's a good one. Convenience is well... Convenience although the extra time and effort to make filter coffee is definately worth the wait but not worth a duck in pay for being late:p

Haha, tell me about it! Sometimes it's nice to take the extra time to make a pot of coffee. Mostly, it gives me a convenient break from studying. .

Reaction score
I absolutely do not like instant coffee. I can taste it immediately. I prefer my Keurig, really. :)

Reaction score

They make programmable coffee makers now, so convenience is not even a real excuse anymore. If you put the water and grounds in the machine the night before, you can wake up to the smell of coffee, as long as you remember to set the timer.

Reaction score
They make programmable coffee makers now, so convenience is not even a real excuse anymore. If you put the water and grounds in the machine the night before, you can wake up to the smell of coffee, as long as you remember to set the timer.
I have got to get me on of those machines, I'm still rocking it old school with a plunger and a basic percolator.

Reaction score
Filter coffee is great, although I don't get to drink it as often as I would like, so it is a small indulgence for me. There is one instant coffee which I like, but also do not get to drink it as often as I would like and that is Jacobs Kroning, hmm a cup of that in the morning and I am set for the day:)

Reaction score
Filter coffee is great, although I don't get to drink it as often as I would like, so it is a small indulgence for me. There is one instant coffee which I like, but also do not get to drink it as often as I would like and that is Jacobs Kroning, hmm a cup of that in the morning and I am set for the day:)
Jacobs almost tastes like filter coffee, it must be the best tasting instant coffee I have had although it's very expensive! I like to put coffee creamer in it also, makes it nice and creamy!

Reaction score
To me instant coffe is not real coffee. It is missing the body flavor and aroma of true coffee. Those freeze dried crystals are just not the same has freshly brewed coffee beans.

Reaction score
I was raised on both but now that I'm grown I prefer filter because instant coffee is much more stronger I think than filtered.

Reaction score
I don't drink coffee, but I always make filtered for my boyfriend, friends and family. Honestly I didn't even know that instant was still around. If I have some extra time I will make french press coffee, and that tends to get rave reviews from guests.To the people who drink instant do you think it is easier and faster than making your coffee filtered? Honestly, just curious if that is a reason for choosing instant.

Reaction score
I have got to get me on of those machines, I'm still rocking it old school with a plunger and a basic percolator.

You can get a pretty good programmable coffee maker these days for $28. It comes in handy on those mornings when you are too tired and groggy to get the coffee making started. You just set it up the night before and it makes coffee at the time you have it set for.

Reaction score
I think instant coffee just tastes "off." I never enjoyed the flavor of it. I am very much more of a filtered coffee person, especially when it's over ice.

Reaction score
I've actually only recently started drinking coffee, but the instant definitely doesn't taste the greatest. I love iced coffee filtered!

Reaction score
I refuse to drink instant coffee as it tastes very nasty to me. If I can't have brewed coffee I do without.

Ask a Question