Donut maker from Walmart

Reaction score
I had to share this great buy from Walmart. I got a Donut maker and it works great. It was $31.00 and it's small enough that I can store it right under the counter. The goal will be not to make donuts for breakfast every morning.

Attachments

• donut.jpg
    donut.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 980
Reaction score
I too got a donut maker for $30.00 and it works wonders when I prepare donuts. My kids can't resist donuts and this is how I make the most of this donut maker. You will get some really exciting donut recipes online.

Reaction score
That looks simple enough. How long do the donuts cook for? And have you gotten to play around with glazes and different flavors yet?

I always think about buying stuff like this, but then remember I don't have much space to store extra equipment for items I would probably only use a couple times a year.

Reaction score
I had to share this great buy from Walmart. I got a Donut maker and it works great. It was $31.00 and it's small enough that I can store it right under the counter. The goal will be not to make donuts for breakfast every morning.
You mean the goal will be TO make donuts for breakfast every morning:D I've been looking for a decently priced donut maker for awhile and I might swing over to wal-mart and pick on up! I always see them on sale during black friday but I cannot wait nine months for my donuts!

Reaction score
I bought myself one a couple years ago. We really enjoyed making donuts but then got tired of the machine and got rid of it. I now rarely make donuts.

Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a great investment! Not a bad price, either! I would love to buy a donut maker; I can only imagine how huge I would get if I bought one, though. Geesh! Let us know how your donuts turn out and what your favorite recipes are.

Reaction score
That looks awesome! I have never even heard of a donut maker, and to hear there is such a thing is fascinating. In the future I will definitely get a donut maker! One day after I use the donut maker, I will put frosting and other toppings on or inside of the donuts (after I learn how to) like they're made at dunkin donuts and other donut-selling places. It always made me curious how donuts and the extra toppings were put together.

Reaction score

What a nice finding! I would really like to get one of those, would love to get a churro makes as well! Walmart is definitely the place to go for me when it comes with great cooking appliances!

Reaction score
Are these raised or cake donuts? You can buy a donut cutter for a couple of dollars, but you probably have one if you have a biscuit cutter. Most biscuit cutters have a small piece that snaps into the biscuit cutter to convert it into a donut cutter. You probably have a deep fryer, or a cast iron skillet you can fry in. Use fresh oil, and be sure to use a recipe that includes mashed potato and some lemon flavoring ( I am assuming that you are making raised and not cake donuts). This will give you a light, fluffy donut.

Reaction score
Are these raised or cake donuts? You can buy a donut cutter for a couple of dollars, but you probably have one if you have a biscuit cutter. Most biscuit cutters have a small piece that snaps into the biscuit cutter to convert it into a donut cutter. You probably have a deep fryer, or a cast iron skillet you can fry in. Use fresh oil, and be sure to use a recipe that includes mashed potato and some lemon flavoring ( I am assuming that you are making raised and not cake donuts). This will give you a light, fluffy donut.

She has a doughnut maker that makes cake doughnuts. We're discussing the doughnut maker appliance itself, not doughnuts in general.

Anyway, I had one of those doughnut maker appliances that OP is talking about. I rarely used it and I think I ended up donating it to Goodwill.
You never use those specialized kitchen appliances as much as you think you will.

Reaction score
She has a doughnut maker that makes cake doughnuts. We're discussing the doughnut maker appliance itself, not doughnuts in general.

Anyway, I had one of those doughnut maker appliances that OP is talking about. I rarely used it and I think I ended up donating it to Goodwill.
You never use those specialized kitchen appliances as much as you think you will.
My point was that you don't need a special machine to make donuts. My experience with those specialized appliances is that they tend to be used too little to justify them and an inexpensive biscuit cutter usually also doubles as a donut cutter, and then all you need is a deep fryer or a skillet. My Grandmother and my Mother both did quite well without any special machine. I don't remember Grandmother even using a cutter, she just made loops of dough.

Reaction score
I've seen those before, I have pondered getting one and almost did on a few occasions but I don't have a ton of space (on my counter, or in my budget) so I always end up holding off on it. It's interesting to hear whether or not people are satisfied with it though...a little more work but I'll just continue making mine the old fashioned way :).

Reaction score
I've seen those before, I have pondered getting one and almost did on a few occasions but I don't have a ton of space (on my counter, or in my budget) so I always end up holding off on it. It's interesting to hear whether or not people are satisfied with it though...a little more work but I'll just continue making mine the old fashioned way :).

It's not very versatile. If space is an issue, you're better off getting a donut hole maker because you can also use it for cake pops, mini corn dogs, and takoyaki, or even pancake balls.

Reaction score
It's not very versatile. If space is an issue, you're better off getting a donut hole maker because you can also use it for cake pops, mini corn dogs, and takoyaki, or even pancake balls.

If you have a cake pop maker , I am told that you can also make donut with it too. You just put the donut batter in the machine and you get little munchin like or donut hole style donuts. I have not tried this yet but I want ot sometime soon. You can even make savory things in your cake pop maker.

Reaction score

Thanks ACSAPA, that's kind of what I figured about it being less than versatile, but a doughnut hole maker does sound a little more worth it in terms of being able to wear a few different hats. I'll have to keep that in mind whenever I end up having a little extra money on hand ;).

Reaction score
Thanks ACSAPA, that's kind of what I figured about it being less than versatile, but a doughnut hole maker does sound a little more worth it in terms of being able to wear a few different hats. I'll have to keep that in mind whenever I end up having a little extra money on hand ;).

You should look in to some of the cook books they are making for the cake pop / donut hole makers , they have a lot of good ideas on different recipes you cake make with these machines. This way you can really get your moneys work out of your machine.

Reaction score
I sometimes run and buy stuff and then end up leaving it around to rust. The sea sprays are not kind to some of my equipment. The doughnut maker got me just a little excited. Thought I would pick up one on my next trip to the US but after thinking some more I might not go ahead with that. Might use that 30 bucks to buy some ingredients for my baking. ;)

Ask a Question