Dreaming of baking

Reaction score
One of my dreams yet to come true is to have an oven and bake a cake for my son's birthday someday. I want to be able to present him something he'd eat with gusto and ask for seconds so that he'll be piping "Mommy, I love you!" more than he usually does throughout the day. Right now, I can only content him with the toaster oven that we have and the commercial butterscotch brownie mix that we occasionally buy from the grocery store.

Baking, however, covers a wide variety of dishes and not just simple cakes and brownies. I've seen enough on the Food Network to know that you can be a housewife and make the best tasting meals anytime with an oven. Having one would also help me add a little to our income. I've been wanting to try making baked meals ever since I saw an episode of Barefoot Contessa (my mom and I love Ina Garten!). I'm sure that there are a lot of kitchen divas here with their own yummy creations as well so if nobody would mind, I would like to learn from the ladies here. Perhaps when I finally have my own oven, I'll be able to share my own creation as well.

Reaction score
Hi @maxen57, welcome to the forum. I understand your situation. My oven really needs to be replaced, and doesn't work all that well right now, but I use it anyway. At some point, hopefully I can get a new(er) one, and then I'll be even more enthusiastic about baking and cooking.

Reaction score
Hi there :) Welcome to the forum! I think it's so sweet you came here to learn more baking recipes :) I think you will make your son so happy when you learn to bake more nice things :) It's so special when you bake your kid's birthday cakes.

Reaction score
welcome to the forum :)

I was finally able to upgrade my stove to a better one,but I still use my toaster oven a lot and it isn't just ladies either :)

Ask a Question