Tips for Making Delicious Gluten-Free Cookies

Reaction score
One of the ladies that work where I work is gluten-free, and while I'm skilled at making regular cookies of all shapes and sizes I don't have the SLIGHTEST idea on how to go about making anything gluten free.

What are some things I have to watch out for? Any tips and tricks so it won't come out all weird and terrible-tasting?

And if you have a particular gluten-free recipe you'd like to share, that would be awesome :D Thanks!

Reaction score
I prepared gluten-free cookies once, but to be honest I'm not a big fan of them, I don't have celiac so why bother? :D What I do know is that you can use several different things to make them, so make them with oats or quinoa! They're very nutritive, but to be honest they're nothing like the average cookies... specially when it comes to chocolate chips cookies :( Maybe I'm too used to the taste of the ''average'' cookies.

Reaction score
I prepared gluten-free cookies once, but to be honest I'm not a big fan of them, I don't have celiac so why bother? :D What I do know is that you can use several different things to make them, so make them with oats or quinoa! They're very nutritive, but to be honest they're nothing like the average cookies... specially when it comes to chocolate chips cookies :( Maybe I'm too used to the taste of the ''average'' cookies.
I almost want to just...go buy gluten free cookies and not bother with it. My family doesn't have a history with celiac and neither does my finacé, but I'm just thinking about my friends who have chosen to go gluten free (by necessity or by fad). If I buy it I would save so much trouble I guess!

Reaction score
Yes, I really recommend you to buy them! It's way easier that way, plus baking gluten free can be kinda tricky! Not sure I'll ever try it again, lol, it just isn't the same as baking the average cookies :(

Reaction score
I recently saw gluten free flour at the store but I have never made anything that is gluten free. I would really love to learn how to bake this way though because every gluten free dessert I have ever tried has been so amazingly good.

Reaction score
Yes, I really recommend you to buy them! It's way easier that way, plus baking gluten free can be kinda tricky! Not sure I'll ever try it again, lol, it just isn't the same as baking the average cookies :(
Yeah I love my "average" baked cookies. Which is part of the reason why I'm really glad I don't have an issue with gluten :p

Reaction score
Hehehe, me too!!! Plus did you know that folks with celiac have to be careful even with the shampoo they use, as well as other products? Because some skin product might have traces of gluten :eek: Just when I thought I had heard it all!

Reaction score
As trellum said, I'm not a big fan of gluten free cookies either. Try making them with oats but it won't compare to a real cookie as taste. I don't understand, if you eat cookies, why not eat the best-tasting ones?

Ask a Question