Easy Peach Cobbler

Reaction score
it is easy and taste great the next time I'm at the grocery store,I will pick up some canned Peaches,the ones in the heavy syrup and use this recipe,it is pretty basic and easy to do,I like to get a small can of chunked pine apples to add to it also

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/12386/quick-and-easy-peach-cobbler/

i have made cobbler with strawberries too,I just sliced them up,added some sugar to them and followed the above recipe
it was really good

but to be honest,I am bad to eat the fruit before I make the cobbler :)

let me know what ya'll like to make it out of,I am looking to broaden my cobbler horizons

Reaction score
Wow, this recipe is perfect for me: few ingredients and not a bunch of paragraphs as instructions. Keep that up, I personally love recipes that are like that, it's nice to keep it simple as much as possible. I actually have all that in my kitchen already :)

Reaction score
I do like me some cobbler trellum,a cup of milk,SR Flour,sugar and a gob of butter,then all I have to do is add some fruit :)

Reaction score
Wow, this recipe is perfect for me: few ingredients and not a bunch of paragraphs as instructions. Keep that up, I personally love recipes that are like that, it's nice to keep it simple as much as possible. I actually have all that in my kitchen already :)

Totally agree! As much as I like a baking challenge, I don't always have the time for a mile-long list of ingredients! Things like this are refreshing because like you said most of the ingredients are things we have on hand anyway and it's nothing complicated - but still gives you a delicious cobbler!

Reaction score
Wow, I love easy recipes, and this one's super easy, even leaving in the peach syrup. I've never added pineapples in with the peaches, but I do love them, so why not? I usually make peach, blueberry or apple cobblers, but I love all fruits, and am not fussy at all, so I'd probably try any variation, and strawberries, raspberries or mixed berries would be yummy. Apple with cinnamon and some cranberries mixed in would be great for the Fall.

Reaction score
Totally agree! As much as I like a baking challenge, I don't always have the time for a mile-long list of ingredients! Things like this are refreshing because like you said most of the ingredients are things we have on hand anyway and it's nothing complicated - but still gives you a delicious cobbler!

Exactly :) There are days I just don't feel like trying something that is tricky or that calls for a lot strange ingredients (but from time to time I feel like taking on a challenge). I actually saved this recipe, I will make this for my mom - she loves peach.

Reaction score
post a picture trellum,unfortunately I had a problem with mine I ate the peaches before I tried to make some cobbler,once again :)

hmm i wonder if bananas would cook good in one ? along with some strawberries, if I don't eat the fruit first,I will try and get one made this coming week

will bananas stand up to be baked like this ? or would they turn to mush ?

oh maybe some Rhubarb with the strawberries ? I've never used any Rhubarb before.but my Aunt use to make a pie out of both and it was great

Reaction score
I love cobblers.

My favorite is blackberry cobbler!!!!

I sure miss my granny's cooking!!!! I'd kill for some of my grannys blackberry cobbler right about now!!!!

Reaction score
I love eating peaches especially when the fruits are in season here in our place and they only cost cheap per box and we always make peaches in syrup from scratch and it taste better than the peaches in can that we are buying. I think I will try this peach cobbler recipe because it is just easy to make and for a change when we want to eat peaches.

Reaction score
I wished that i could get some fresh ripe peaches around here,they are great,but I don't know any body that has a tree and they don't sell the fresh ones anywhere around here close by

i do love the ripe blackberries,my friends wife can make some killer blackberry jam,it is awesome :) damn now I wished I had some lol the only part I hate about them is picking them,it takes forever to get a gallon of them and you have to wade thru the snakes and mice for em :)

Reaction score
I wished that i could get some fresh ripe peaches around here,they are great,but I don't know any body that has a tree and they don't sell the fresh ones anywhere around here close by

i do love the ripe blackberries,my friends wife can make some killer blackberry jam,it is awesome :) damn now I wished I had some lol the only part I hate about them is picking them,it takes forever to get a gallon of them and you have to wade thru the snakes and mice for em :)

LOL.......snakes and mice BEWARE!!! Im coming for my blackberries!!!!

Blackberries are super easy to grow and will grow in almost any climate.
When I was in high school, my mother planted blackberry bushes all along the back fence.
During the summer, those things would bloom and the berries would get HUGE for some reason (I wasn't complaining, they were sweet like candy). We had enough to make a couple of cobblers every summer.

If you do something like this though, be warned.........spiders love to build webs in blackberry bushes.
At least they did in ours anyway.

I love peaches also. There are peach orchards around East Texas and most of them were older orchards, past their "prime"......so the farmers would let people come and pick from them in the summer time and take whatever they could carry off. My granny and one of my Aunts always got peaches for canning that way.

Reaction score
well I did one of the worst things you can do to a cobbler,I over cooked it by 10 to 15 minutes :) it still tasted very good,but it is on the dry side for a cobbler

here are a few pictures and as you can see,there isn't enough cobbler juice :)
002.JPG

Reaction score
Cobbler is like the best comfort food ever. Well, it's one of them at least. A nice, warm, satisfying treat that makes the whole house smell wonderful while baking. It says, "Welcome, come on into the kitchen." :)

It's even better with a bit of cream drizzled over top, or a scoop of ice cream. Mmmm mmm good.

I made a blackberry one last Thanksgiving. It was a bit more tart than I would have liked, but still good.

Reaction score
here is a picture or it still bubbling :) hmmm to much juice ? I couldn't find the peaches in heavy syrup,this is the ones in there own juice

001.JPG

Reaction score
here it is after it has cooled down a bit,i should have waited a bit longer,my heart still feels warm lol I am getting a bit of uncooked flour taste in it,I think that may have something to do with the lack of the heavy syrup,but it does have a lot of good cobbler juice this time

004.JPG

Reaction score
Well, you should be draining the juice from the cans before adding the fruit.

From the way I was raised, you let the fruit itself make its own juice when it bakes....you don't add anything to it.

Reaction score
the first one was way over baked chester and the 2nd one tasted a lot better after I had let it set for a while and i didn't notice the taste of flour after that,there not coming out great,but that is because when i bought the peaches,the store didn't have any canned ones in heavy syrup

on the next one,I do think I will drain one can and use the juice of the other one and see what happens

Ask a Question