Elephant Ears

Reaction score
Ooooooooooo, those are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

I want some NOW!!!!!!
:D

The only thing I have come across in my whole life so far, that is part cookie and part pastry!!!!
(even though it is all pastry, it sure seems cookie like to me)

I could eat a dozen of them all at once!!!!

Reaction score
I've only heard of these referred to as Elephant Ears, so when I saw the thread heading, I knew exactly what I'd be seeing, and I got excited. I've never tried to make these, but 3 ingredients sounds really good. These are so delicious with coffee or tea, and so nice and light and fluffy. I always perk up when I see mini in the title, because I have always preferred smaller things, since they mean you can eat a smaller portion, leaving room for other things. When I'm at a bakery, I prefer to buy smaller items, so I can experience and enjoy a variety, rather than just one item.

Reaction score
You had me at "only 3 ingredients".

Sometimes especially when I have short notice guests, I like being able to whip up a quick treat but still something home made...this sounds like it would fit the bill for that.

I'd never seen them before - I love that they're called elephant ears, so quirky!

Reaction score
I went to several stores Saturday to specifically buy some of these, and NOBODY has any!!!! For some reason they think it's a "holiday" item!!!!

I'm one upset putty tat!!!!
200.gif

Reaction score
I haven't heard them called Elephant Ears before! You learn something new every day :)
Same here. I rushed to open the thread to see what they could possibly be like and once I saw cinnamon and heard talk about coconut I was won over. It seems pretty easy even for someone like me still new in the from scratch game. @ChesterV put down your gun and head to the kitchen. I expect you to be making these yourself.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same here. I rushed to open the thread to see what they could possibly be like and once I saw cinnamon and heard talk about coconut I was won over. It seems pretty easy even for someone like me still new in the from scratch game. @ChesterV put down your gun and head to the kitchen. I expect you to be making these yourself.:)

Yeah, problem is Im diabetic and not supposed to eat that stuff anymore. If I made a batch at home, it wouldn't last for two hours!!!

Reaction score
Yeah, problem is Im diabetic and not supposed to eat that stuff anymore. If I made a batch at home, it wouldn't last for two hours!!!
Well I am dangerously close to diabetic based on my last visit to the doctor so I too should stay away but Lord knows the Cinnamon and coconut talk get my mouth watering.

Reaction score
Well you have to appreciate any tip and recipe that comes with a video, so thank you for sharing @writersblock15 - it made my mouth water. This looks like a perfect little treat for the summer time. It is crazy hot and humid here and so something light and sweet really hits the spot, as opposed to something heavy that can sit in your stomach. Thanks again for sharing.

Reaction score
When I think of elephant ears, I think of those big deep friend pancake looking cakes that you get at the county fair. We call those cookies pictured above cinnamon pastry puff cookies. Still very tasty though.

Ask a Question