Famous bakeries

Reaction score
When I watch Food Network they sometimes feature bakeries where the celebrity bakers make cakes and sweet treats, but there are none local to where I live. Have any of you ever tried a piece of cake from a famous bakery, are the baked goods really that tasty or are they just decorated to look more tasty than they are? I am thinking of bakeries like the one featured on Cake Boss and stuff like that.

Reaction score
I've tried Magnolia Bakery, and honestly to me it is just a look thing - they were good, but were they the best cupcakes I'd ever tried in my life? Probably not. Don't get me wrong - they were yummy and beautiful, but I think a lot of the prestige comes from the beauty above the taste.

I guess people do say that we eat with our eyes, to a degree though - so I guess perhaps that's how it got a certain level of prestige and reputation!

Reaction score
I've been to two places that are considered famous famous in the area where I grew up. There's a place called Rose's that has been famous for their cakes for decades. They even have cook books out with some of their most popular ones. Monday's they are a lot of work and costly.
I've also been to Papa Haydn's but I don't think they are as well known.

Reaction score
I like to go to the small hole in the wall bakeries personally because they seem to have the most authentic and beat tasting treats. You can definitely tell the difference between items baked at a "mom and pop" type shop as opposed to something that you buy mass produced at like Starbucks.

Reaction score
No famous bakeries where I live, the place where I live is a cultural and gastronomical dessert... famous for their ribs and meat, lol. Not good bread over here, although the other day (for the very first time in my life) I could smell a really amazing cake... the smell was nothing like I had smelled before, it came from a cake shop. I bet those cakes are amazing!

Ask a Question