Favourite time of the year for baking?

Reaction score
I guess my favourite times of the year for baking are like most others: Christmas, Easter, Birthdays etc. I like baking all year round really, but I do find it hard going if we're having a warmish summer. Here in the UK we thankfully don't get too hot in the summer too often, but we can have a heatwave from time time that keeps me well away from the kitchen!!

How about you?

Reaction score
The weather in the Northwest part of the US is very much like the weather you have in the UK. I do most of my baking during the winter months, but I do like to make fresh cookies all year round. The last couple of years I have also started making the birthday cakes for my family instead of buying them at the bakery. Just about the only time I do not bake is August when the weather is the hottest.

Reaction score
Not a time of the year in particular, but during winter there always are a lot good excuses to bake something good :) Generally speaking... I like to bake whenever the mood strikes =D Haven't happened very often lately tho.

Reaction score
I love baking year round. Sometimes I plan things ahead of time, others I just do it on a whim. Though if I do it on a whim it's harder because I won't always have all the ingredients on hand :p My fiancé and I like to bake together so we tend to do that on the weekends.

Reaction score
Not a time of the year in particular, but during winter there always are a lot good excuses to bake something good :) Generally speaking... I like to bake whenever the mood strikes =D Haven't happened very often lately tho.

I am just here thinking that with the cold weather certain parts of the world, I would be baking up a "storm":). Since I am excited about doing some things from scratch I can do it all year round, but not on these terribly hot days. It's always at night that I bake and even then it's so hot.

Reaction score
Same here! NEVER everrrr I bake during the day or the morning, because there are a lot people around! I don't like to be watched while I bake, because then I get told things like: ''Oh, you are making a mess'', lol. But I always clean the mess :p Still, there is no better time to bake than at night ;)

Reaction score
I bake year round, usually nights or weekends. There are always post holiday sales on various baking items, so I usually have baking stuff sitting around.
There's no one special time in particular that I like to bake.

Ask a Question