Football Shaped Oreo Truffles

Reaction score
Since it's almost football season, I thought I'd share this cute recipe I came across. I do love Oreo cookies, and who doesn't love cream cheese and frosting? These aren't technically made via baking, but the bark does need to be melted, and they look very easy to make, as well as yummy. http://hoosierhomemade.com/football-shaped-oreo-truffles/

Attachments

• Football-Oreo-Truffles.ZL_.jpg
    Football-Oreo-Truffles.ZL_.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 476
Reaction score
These do look fabulous! I'm a big fan of truffles (who isn't?!) and I like that these ones are themed. We have a few pot luck type events with friends around football season so I think these would be a hit at those!

Reaction score
Very tasty, they look like chocolates!!! I love them!! A good truffle is something I can never say no to :) Very nice recipe, it looks easy to make. I will bookmark it and try it later. We are not sports fans here at home, but that doesn't really matter :p

Reaction score
Very tasty, they look like chocolates!!! I love them!! A good truffle is something I can never say no to :) Very nice recipe, it looks easy to make. I will bookmark it and try it later. We are not sports fans here at home, but that doesn't really matter :p

I'm not a sports fan myself, but since you shape these yourself, you could fashion them into any shape you wanted, maybe something like pumpkins, and color the frosting in Autumn colors :D.

Reaction score
I just got my bubble burst. I rushed here thinking it was football as I know it as my son is an avid Arsenal and football fan. He would lift me to roof if I made him something football related, but sadly these are the American Football truffles. There are nice though, just not what I was thinking. Still I can shape them anyway so maybe it's possible, just not by someone as green as I am.

Reaction score
I'm not a sports fan myself, but since you shape these yourself, you could fashion them into any shape you wanted, maybe something like pumpkins, and color the frosting in Autumn colors :D.

That is an ever nicer idea! Or maybe just leave them plain? At home we only care about the taste, not so much about the looks of a dessert, unless we have guests of course, those tend to be

Reaction score
Those are ADORABLE!!!!! The recipe seems simple enough but I'm not much of a chocolate person. I probably could make it for the other two at home that love chocolate. I definitely will pass this on to my best friend. She is a chocolate fan, a football fan, and loves trying new things. Thanks for the link!

Reaction score
Since it's almost football season, I thought I'd share this cute recipe I came across. I do love Oreo cookies, and who doesn't love cream cheese and frosting? These aren't technically made via baking, but the bark does need to be melted, and they look very easy to make, as well as yummy. http://hoosierhomemade.com/football-shaped-oreo-truffles/
Those look so adorable! I'll definitely add that to my superbowl video

Ask a Question