Fudge

Reaction score
What's the best tasting fudge you've ever made? What's the one fudge you want to try?

Oreo fudge is by far the best(and richest!) fudge I've ever eaten! My husband makes this around the holidays. Pumpkin fudge is something I want to try and plan on making it soon.

Reaction score
Oh love this topic! I was just saying to my husband how I've seen so many different ideas for fudge lately. I haven't made it myself yet, but I had an absolutely *amazing* pumpkin fudge that a friend made (I probably should get the recipe, honestly). As for ones that I'd like to try, I really would like to try a red velvet one soon, and I saw a pecan pie one that my husband is keen on trying, so I'll probably give that a shot, too.

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of traditional chocolate fudge with nuts, but the pumpkin fudge also sounds amazing. I think I am going to make a batch for Thanksgiving?

Reaction score
What's the best tasting fudge you've ever made? What's the one fudge you want to try?

Oreo fudge is by far the best(and richest!) fudge I've ever eaten! My husband makes this around the holidays. Pumpkin fudge is something I want to try and plan on making it soon.
A local farmer's market sells fudge made by an Amish woman. In the fall, she makes pumpkin fudge, and it is incredible. I wish I could find a recipe for it.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @lmjen :) Pumpkin fudge sounds delicious! Does it actually contain pumpkin or is it just the spices? If it's just spices I imagine you could adapt any good fudge recipe by just adding spice (and orange colouring if you like).

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @lmjen :) Pumpkin fudge sounds delicious! Does it actually contain pumpkin or is it just the spices? If it's just spices I imagine you could adapt any good fudge recipe by just adding spice (and orange colouring if you like).
Thank you for the welcome Becky. After a long online search for a pumpkin fudge recipe, I tried this one https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9432/pumpkin-fudge/, yesterday. The taste is wonderful but the texture was not like fudge. Instead of throwing the batch away, I decided to roll them into truffles, that I will dip in white chocolate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome Becky. After a long online search for a pumpkin fudge recipe, I tried this one https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9432/pumpkin-fudge/, yesterday. The taste is wonderful but the texture was not like fudge. Instead of throwing the batch away, I decided to roll them into truffles, that I will dip in white chocolate.

Sorry about your post going in the moderation queue, must have been because of the link.

What kind of fudge do you like - the soft chewy stuff or the more crystalline stuff?

Reaction score
I am a big peanut butter fan so unsurprisingly peanut butter fudge is my absolute favorite. The first time I actually had it I bought it from a small specialty shop that has since closed down and it was amazing. I make my own once in a while and it’s definitely a treat.

Reaction score
I started making fudge with coconut milk, and I haven't looked back. Being vegan I previously made fudge using a non-vegan recipe and replacing soya milk for cow's milk and standard margarine for the butter. Not wonderful. I tried using coconut milk and the result was clearly a coconut fudge, but a really nice one.

My recipe is: 400ml tin coconut milk - I use the Aldi (UK supermarket chain) full-fat one, 400g sugar, and 70g 'Pure' (brand) sunflower margarine. I cook that to soft ball stage, leave for five minutes, beat in 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence and continue beating until it shows signs of setting, then decant into a greased silicone container to set. The Aldi coconut milk has a good, creamy, texture and a good (health-wise perhaps 'bad') fat content.

Ask a Question