General baking thread

Reaction score
Hi,

I might be being a bit dippy here, but I can't find a general baking section.

Any chance of having one created?

I wanted to share some ideas on rice, meats and other common meal preperations :)

Thanks

Reaction score
Hey! If it's general stuff we usually just put it under Baker Banter - that sort of encompasses anything :)

Or off topic chat if it's not really baking related!

Reaction score
Yep, like @cupcakechef rightly says the Baker Banter section is for general baking discussion.

I've been thinking about introducing a 'Savoury' section too - what do you think?

Reaction score
Yep, like @cupcakechef rightly says the Baker Banter section is for general baking discussion.

I've been thinking about introducing a 'Savoury' section too - what do you think?

A savoury section sounds good to me. I wasn't quite sure where to put the quiche thread when I created it, since I and many others tend to associate baking with sweet dishes.

Reaction score

Yes, please!!!!!!!! This forum definitely needs a savory section, I absolutely love cooking using my oven! We love savory pies and other dishes, so please consider adding that section :) I think it would attract even more people!

Reaction score
I would love a savory baking section too - it's something I have really wanted to branch out into more, I find that so much of my baking is sweet stuff...so getting some inspiration from everyone else on savory stuff would help to kick start me in the right direction!

Ask a Question