Gingerbread Bars

Reaction score
I wanted to make Hermits, but didn't have the raisins or nuts on hand, so I decided to try making these. They came out delicious, of course, but I think next time I will make them a little spicier. I would increase the cinnamon and ginger, and also add about 2 tsp of ground clove, mainly because I love the flavor, and it will add richness and dimension to the end product.

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1068/easy-gingerbread-bars

Reaction score
I wanted a quick snack yesterday, so I put one of my gingerbread bars in a bowl, and topped it with one of my (half) healthy baked apples. I poured a little of the apple juice leftover from baking, on top, and heated the whole thing up. It came out delicious!! Here's the recipe for the healthy baked apples, from another thread, in case anyone wants to try making both and combining them. I highly recommend it. https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/healthy-baked-apples.2838/#post-22617

Reaction score
I love gingerbread so much. I think I like these kind of gingerbread things better than the traditional cookies though. I agree with increasing the spices a little bit. Most recipes are a bottle conservative on that, at least to those of us who really like our spice.

Reaction score
I love gingerbread but for some reason I never make it. Many years ago, when I lived in Ethiopia, I had a friend who always made gingerbread for dessert when she had company over for dinner, to play cards, ect. She served it with applesauce over it and it was just so good. She always timed it to come out of the oven and sit for a little bit so it was still warm when she servied it. Whenever I have gingerbread somewhere, I always remember her fondly.

Reaction score
I love gingerbread - for some reason I craved it a LOT when I was pregnant. Good taste, right?! ;)

Something about anything gingery soothed my nausea. Plus gingerbread is just delicious, so it wasn't a bad craving to indulge in!

Reaction score
I tried some gingerbread bars some days ago at the place of a friend, and let me tell you I loved them. I didn't like gingerbread that much before that to be honest, but my opinion on it has changed completely thanks to my friend. Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe, I might actually give it a try, it looks easy!

Ask a Question