Gingerbread Bears!!!!

Reaction score
When I was a child, my mother used to make my father a cup of coffee each morning. Even if it's just an instant coffee, my mother adds cinnamon powder before serving. My father drinks it because he is diabetic. Cinnamon has a lot of medicinal benefits like cure for common colds, flu, digestion problems and a lot more. It's also very aromatic and has a good taste.

That inspired me to share this recipe of the GINGERBREAD BEARS for children with cinnamon. Let's start!

We need:
3 1/2
cups(875 ml) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons (8 ml) ground ginger
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground allspice
1 cup (250 ml) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup (250 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
1/3 cup (83 ml)molasses
2 eggs
*candy beads (optional, you can be as creative as possible)
*over the store frosting
*cookie cutter

1. Place flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda and allspice in medium bowl; stir to combine then set aside.
2. Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy ( the mixture wouldn't be completely smooth) Beat in molasses and eggs until well blended.
3. Beat in flour mixture, until well blended. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Flatten each piece of dough into a disc; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2-24 hours.
4.Preheat oven (180 Celsius) Greases large cookie sheets; set aside.
5. Working with 1 piece of dough at a time, place dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough with lightly floured rolling pin to 1/8 inch thickness (just about the size of your pinkie) keep remaining dough refrigerated.
6. cut dough with bear-shaped cookie cutters and place cookies at least 1 inch apart from each other.
** you can also use the dough scraps to make eyes, noses and decorate the bears.
7. bake for 10mins or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool at least 1 min on the cookie sheets
8. pipe or spread frosting on cooled cookies and put decorations ( this is when your kids can help you out with their treats!)

Hope you enjoy!

Ask a Question