Gluten Free Pie Crust

Reaction score
I'm interested in trying to make a gluten free pie crust. Most of the time when I get pie at someone's house, I just leave the crust, first because I don't want to eat wheat, and second because store bought crust tastes terrible anyway.

What kind of grain or grain mix would be good for making a pie crust? I know it may be very hard to get it to hold together, so what might help with that? I'm OK with a little different texture crust, as long as it works.

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to look for this. I'm quite familiar with Bob's, but they have so many products I don't know about all of them. Gotta support them though, I grew up just a few miles from Bob's Red Mill.

Reaction score
I have never heard of Bob's Red Mill, but I am going to try it now. The website looks very informative for people who are trying to live a gluten free lifestyle. I am starting to think that gluten free foods taste much better than those made with regular flour. There is something about the texture that I really like.

Ask a Question