Good Recipes for Gingerbread House?

Reaction score
So my husband and I were thinking about making our own gingerbread house this year instead of buying one out of the box. We've tried one recipe before but the dough was too crumbly, so it made the cookie unstable.

Anyone here have a good, reliable recipe for gingerbread house? And maybe the icing recipe too?

Reaction score
This is my favourite gingerbread recipe, although I've never used it to make a gingerbread house. It's pretty sturdy though, so I would have thought it would stand up well to the task!

If you make one we'd love to see a photo of it :D

Reaction score
I've never made a full sized one, although I did make one a few times using graham crackers and royal icing, and decorated them with gumdrops and other candies. The taste obviously wasn't as rich as real gingerbread, but it was a lot easier/quicker, and it's easier when you're working with small children, which is what I was doing. I'd also love to see pictures if you do end up making one, and would love to hear about the process. Maybe I will attempt it someday, but probably not until I have a larger and/or more functional kitchen.

Ask a Question