How to make a dense and creamy Guinness cake?

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I'm new to this forum and I'm also relatively new to the baking world (I love it, just haven't got much experience).

I have a dilemma that I haven't been able to figure out no matter how much research I did.

A couple of days ago I ate an incredibly tasty Guinness cake and have been wondering how they do it ever since. The thing is I can't find any recipe which seems to resemble what I want in any way. The consistency of the cake is somehow similar to the one of a cheesecake biscuit base: very, very compact, slightly moist, creamy, not fluffy and it almost looks like it wasn't baked at all (I could be wrong).

Can anyone give me a hint on how to obtain such a marvel? :D

I'll also post a picture of the cake hoping that it'll make things clearer.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Wow. I rushed to the thread because I have a friend in another forum who introduced me to the world of Guinness recipes. I actually had Guinness bought for me several times hoping to make something and never did. I think the recipe that Becky recommended is the same one I would recommend but I will have to go see what else I can find. Here is one I quickly grabbed but Becky's might be more appropriate.
http://www.europeancuisines.com/Ireland-Desserts-Guinness-Cake

Ask a Question