Had you ever tried using an earthenware pot for cooking?

Reaction score
They said that cooking foods in an earthenware pot taste better and it is safe to use too. Had you ever experienced using this kind of cooking pot for cooking your foods just even once?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have not because I do not have an earthenware pot. I do not know where one would get such a pot in the U.S. Are they fairly sturdy or can they break like clay flour pots ifntheybare dropped?

Reaction score
Here in the place where I am currently living the use of earthenware pot is in their culture. They had different sizes from small to extra large of this kind of pot. Actually I think is made of a different kind of materials from what I've seen in them. I am also using it everyday and right after cooking you can use that already as your serving bowl and can be put in the dining table when you eat.

Here what its looks like...

images
s-l1000.jpg

Reaction score
I also noticed that foods being cooked in this type of earthenware pot taste differently delicious and it is still boiling hot even it is served already in the dining table.

Reaction score
I haven't used one for home cooking, but it actually reminds me of a trip I took to Japan. A lot of meals I had at traditional Japanese ryokan served food in earthenware dishes like that. And the food was delicious! I'm curious as to whether they are expensive - I wouldn't mind trying out some cooking at home with them!

Reaction score
Never used one, but after reading some of the comments o here I might actually give one of those pots a try in the future. I wonder what is so special about them that they make everything taste much better.

Reaction score
I gave never heard of these pots before, but now I am going to research them and possibly purchase one. Are these the type of pots that you actually bury in the ground with hot coals to cook with them or am I thinking of something different? I am very much interested in finding healthier ways to cook.

Ask a Question