Help me identify a sweet, light brown bread

Reaction score
Bare with me, because I last had this bread five years ago, while we were vacationing in Florida. The hotel brought breakfast to our room every morning. We had some choices, but this bread always came with the meal. It was a light brown (not exactly chocolate, but similar), and about the texture of cake. It was slightly sweet, but not chocolate flavor. It reminded me of molasses or maple, but if it was either, it had very small amounts in it. I added honey to it, because it was only a little sweet. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,
It sounds like a molasses quick bread or something similar. Whole wheat quick bread?
Can you contact the hotel?

Reaction score
Did it look like this at all?
molasses-bread.jpg

Reaction score
Monkey, I think that is exactly what it was! Thank you. I have been craving that stuff for the last five years! Do you have any idea how hard it is to make? I would love to have this again. Do you know what it served with, if anything? It came with breakfast, but is it a desert or more in line of a pastry? Thanks again for the help.

Ask a Question