Home-baked Cookies as Gifts

Reaction score
I have a cousin who's very fond of baking cookies. Ever since we were younger, he would always bake cookies and make us taste his creation. As the recipient, I really love it when he does that because his cookies really taste good.

Now that he's a very busy doctor. He would still find time to bake cookies as treats for patients who go into his clinic. The response from his clients are tremendously positive that they would even sometimes jokingly tell him to put up his own cookie shop.

Do you also give out your personally made cookies as gifts or treats to other people?

Reaction score
It's something that I promise myself I'll do every Christmas - and then December rolls around and I feel like I have a million other things to do.

I'm better at making random baked treats for friends birthdays like cake or cupcakes, and just dropping it off at their house! It's easier making one batch of it for someone's birthday than 15 batches for Christmas, for instance!

I think there's something lovely though about a specially baked treat as a gift. I always appreciate things I can consume, too - I feel like in terms of possessions I have all I need, so it's nicer to get something edible!

Reaction score
We sometimes prepare something in the kitchen as gifts or more appropriate to be called Christmas giveaways. There were times that we planted yam in sacks of soil so it is easy to harvest. And then it goes straight to the cauldron for boiling and processing into yam jam (it is actually like leche flan). We place the cooked yam in plastic containers, sealed and with a tag for our friends. It never fails to be a blockbuster for the following year there would be requests for that yam.

Reaction score
It's really touching to receive personally made goodies from someone because you know that the person who gave it to you made a good amount of effort with the gift he/she gave you. This is why I consider baking cookies or cakes to give out as gifts very special. :)

Reaction score
When it comes to gift giving in terms of cookies I always make oatmeal raisin cookies. It is just easy to make and is a healthy kind of cookies too. I always like to give baked products that I personally bake for gift giving and its always worth the effort if I will see the smile and happiness by the person who had received my gift.

Reaction score
I am happy to receive them but sadly I don't know I can give as I am not sure my cookies are that great. I had a few mishaps and yes I did share but I only shared with people close to me who probably didn't care.

It's interesting that I do receive some gifts of baking goods on the odd occasion, but never cookies. Now that I am thinking about it no friend has ever told me they made cookies. I have a doctor friend who loves to bake and has shared some Jamaican buns and other things with me but never cookies. Maybe I should perfect the cookie making and be the gift giver of cookies:).

Reaction score
Great idea @Winterybella! :) Don't worry because you're not alone when you said you haven't tried giving away cookies just yet. I'm also in the same boat as you. I have been a recipient of cookie treats a lot of times from my cousin but I have never given out my own cookie creations to anyone yet.

Reaction score
I have a long weekend ahead and I here wondering if I could attempt some cookies. I want to bake something and since we have been talking cookies, maybe I should try some. It's just that the last ones were like buns and I was so disappointed. When I fail one of two things happen. I go right back and try again or I leave it alone for a very, very long time and with the cookies the latter was true.

Reaction score
@Winterybella I agree. It could really be frustrating at times when you have been trying to accomplish something but have failed in every attempt. Maybe you could try it again this time. It could be a good activity for your long weekend. Who knows, maybe this could be the moment of perfection you have been waiting for. :) I really wish you all the luck with your next baking project.

Ask a Question