Honeymoon Bars

Reaction score
A couple of people have asked for this recipe, so here goes! Hope you like it.

Honeymoon Bars

325 degrees
9 x 13 pan (greased or lined with parchment paper. Parchment paper makes it easy to lift out in one piece for slicing.)

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Mix, spread in bottom of pan, bake for 15 minutes

2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
Mix.

Add chopped walnuts and raisins if wanted (about a cup of each)

2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
Mix in separate bowl.

When bottom comes out of oven, add dry ingredients to wet, pour over hot bottom and bake 25 minutes, or until set.

Reaction score
Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe with us! :)

When I googled for a photo, there were a few photos of the bars topped with chocolate - do you ever do that?

Reaction score
Awesome recipe, I loved the way you explained the process on how to make it... so simple and step by step! I love it when cooks and bakers do that :) The simpler the better! I might give this a try! It sounds like a really nice dessert, sadly I can't eat things with a lot sugar now, but in a couple months I might.

Reaction score
This sounds really easy, and sounds tasty. I like that it uses brown sugar, since I appreciate the depth of flavor that brings to a recipe. I'll bet this would be really tasty with a nice cup of coffee or tea. My favorite thing about it is that I have all of the ingredients here at the house, so I wouldn't need to run out, or wait until I have time to go shopping, before making it.

Reaction score
Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe with us! :)

When I googled for a photo, there were a few photos of the bars topped with chocolate - do you ever do that?
I was actually wondering what they look like and when I googled bars, bars for drinking came up. Anyway, I did a more specific search and found these.
0ab6f675-31ba-44cf-bf91-3e21f53900ba.jpg

Reaction score
Cke.JPG

More like this, actually. I've never used chocolate on top, but imagine it would be extremely good.

Reaction score
Chewy top with biscuity bottom. Near as I can describe it!

I like what you presented far better than the one I found. I also prefer the texture you are describing. the other looked too sweet for my likings. Sometimes I am such a timid baker. As easy as this looks I fear I might foul up.

Reaction score
Believe me, I do NOT do complicated! My mainstays are these bars, the odd apple pie, sugar cookies and shortbread, padded out with Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix.

Ask a Question