How often do you clean your gas stove ?

Reaction score
My mother had this habit of cleaning our gas stove after every use. That is why up to now our gas stove at home still look not that old considering that we are using it for how many years already. She is very organized at home especially to our kitchen place. I am thankful that I inherited also this trait from her now that I am married already and I am doing the same thing for my stove.

How about you? How often do do you clean your gas stove?

Reaction score
I have an electric and we wipeout off every night. I think it's important to wipe down the surface daily because if you let things sit, they get much harder to clean off and grease build up is really tough.

Reaction score
Mine is so old that nothing seems to truly clean it, but I wipe the top down after every use. I can't say the same for the oven, because everything that goes in it is in a pan and on a baking sheet, to prevent spillovers, as well as the bottom being lined with foil, so I don't see the need to clean it often. Also, it's not self-cleaning, and with my upper body limitations, I pick and choose my battles, and cleaning an oven that's already pretty clean, usually isn't one of them ;).

Reaction score
I too try and make it a priority to clean it down after each use because otherwise I find it's doubly as difficult to remove things once they've hardened or set in, I guess you could say. Of course there's some times that I don't - we're all only human after all! But I do try and keep on top of it because I just find it's far easier to maintain.

I try to do that with most kitchen stuff though, otherwise I get overwhelmed if things get all out of control!

Reaction score
I clean it at the end of the day every single night, because the surface of the stove comes in contact with things that can harden and become almost impossible to remove if you don't remove it soon enough. My mom used to clean hers every 3 or 2 days.

Ask a Question